Wife schedules vasectomy for next friday the 8th (1 Viewer)

No biggie. Urologist gave me a valium to take the edge off. I have a low tolerance so they had to carry me in.

I don't remember any discomfort. Had it done Friday morning, back at work Monday.

And probably the most incomfortable thing was the razor rash.

But seriously, this is a minor, outpatient procedure. Your wife, on the other hand would be facing major surgery and quite a bit of recuperation. It really was a no-brainer.

lmao coming back to see this post 3 pages long!
As for my wife getting it done, her doc recommended that she not go through it and make the man take some responsibility...ugh thanks doc!
About all that razor burn & itchy stubblys, what can I say... all these years of waxing should make for a smoooth recovery :p

Tabasco sauce on an my open nads??? How long ago did you have that done?

Had it done, here are some things to remember:

1. Talk to your doctor, find out where the incisions will be exactly, I had mine done up a little higher than normal above the scrotum so the swelling and scarring were virtually non-existent.

2. Ask him where he wants you to shave. This is important, razor rash and ingrown hairs are more painful and irritating than the procedure. The last thing you want to do is find yourself in the tub the night before wondering how much to take off, trust me on this one. The shaving is by far the most unnerving part if you've never done it before.

3. After the procedure, your children and pets will find ways to cripple you at will when you're least expecting it. Never let your guard down for a month afterward, sounds instinctive but it's not and you've haven't felt pain like that before, trust me. Getting kicked or punched or bumped down there will hurt 100 times more than it did before for the first month or so, so beware.

4. This is a serious procedure and not easily reversed, so do as much research into the doctor (talk to former patients if possible, get references, follow up). Talk to your doctor about everything, it's his job to answer questions, any questions. Remember that he does this everyday, so don't be bashful; he's heard it or seen it all before.

P.S. It won't correct any problems in your relationship or love-life, that's not the right reason for doing it. So, be 100% sure you want this done.

And, yes it is worth every penny.;)

How did that work out for you? My wife is getting done at the end of the year. The doctor said she should get it done and not me (he earned my respect right then and there). Just curious on what she can expect.

Do you really want to know?

I did it instead of my husband because I have 3 kids, and together we only have 1. If something terrible and tragic happend to our family unit. He would have children again. I wouldn't at this point, because my last pregnancy was really hard on me. So, it was a better decision for me to have the surgery.

Knowing what I was going to go though, I might not have agreed. If he would have been positive that he would never have more kids no matter what then he would have been the one to get the surgery.

The surgery itself was not hard on me because I had a C-section and they just took care of it while there were in there. It cramped a little more, but a little more is not a big deal when you recovering from being cut open. Anyways, with that being said. It was very rough, and still is in other areas. I would rather not post it here. If you want to know PM Me.

In my opinion if you both are in the same boat as far as not having anymore kids then I would think it would be better for you to have the surgery. In fact I am very surprised that he suggested your wife have the surgery. Its such a simple surgery for me, and for women....it can be very complicated.

If men have the surgery, your taking the bullets out of the gun, if women have it, they can still have implantation, they can still have an egg fertilized, but it will not implant correctly and will flush out at that monthly time. This is no fun either. (I am still leaving out a lot here)

I can say this much. If she has never been cranky each month, and not needed to stay in bed each month, she will after the surgery. PMS and ovulation time will be 10 times worse at least. This may not be the case for every woman, and it does get better with time, at least some of it does, but It's been 3 years for me, and its not gotten totally better.

You do a little snip snip, and not only are you doing something wonderful for your wife, you earn MUCHO brownie points...you would probably earn double since the daft doctor said what he said to you.

Thats it for now....

How did that work out for you? My wife is getting done at the end of the year. The doctor said she should get it done and not me (he earned my respect right then and there). Just curious on what she can expect.

This doctor is a quack. It is infinitely more dangerous for the woman than the man when it comes to surgical birth control, google it or just pick up any book on pregnancy. Considering the male surgery is out-patient and the female version requires AT LEAST an overnight hospital stay should tell you something.

I would seriously doubt any doctor's credentials if they were to suggest this.

If the doctor looks like this, run.

nick.jpg

And if his degree is from Hollywood Upstairs Medical College, consider updating your will...

I had it done 19 years ago last month and I'm sure it has changed a little in that time but my advise would be like a few others have pointed out find out where the cuts will be made, not everybodys stuff fits the same. also if you can just sit around the house for the weekend do it. I got mine done on a friday morning, got up the next day with very little pain or swelling and went to the county fair. by the time I walked the quarter mile from the parking lot medical services was iceing me down and giving me a ride back to the car and it took four days to recover. and frozen peas are best.

It's a good thing my wife got her tubes tied after four, or we would have 30 kids by now.

Don't let you wife steer you in the wrong direction. For goodness sake, its your boys we're talking about here. You want to grow man boobs? Well that's what happens. Tell her to swallow one a day and keep your manhood.

The surgery itself was not hard on me because I had a C-section and they just took care of it while there were in there. It cramped a little more, but a little more is not a big deal when you recovering from being cut open. Anyways, with that being said. It was very rough, and still is in other areas. I would rather not post it here. If you want to know PM Me.

That was my plan too, Jayden....had three kids, all c-sections, and #1 had been really hard on me (pre-eclampsia). I knew I had no business having any more kids, although I did tell the doctor that if there was a problem with the baby during delivery, to not go ahead with the tubal. Baby was fine as expected, but I ended up with no choice in the matter anyway....severe complications made a hysterectomy necessary, so the deed was done, albeit in a different way. Recovery was NOT fun; much tougher than the other c-sections, although I'm having no problems now (and no monthly issues, either, tg!). I think that if I hadn't been in the process of being cut open anyway, we wouldn't have even thought about going with a tubal, because it is a tougher procedure. I had no idea that someone might have trouble each month after a tubal; sorry you've had to deal with that.

Bottom line, no matter what the procedure....research, ask questions, get second (and third!) opinions if you're still not sure. I must say that after reading this thread I'm amazed at how many men have gotten a vasectomy done....brownie points for all of you!

I think if my wife would go ahead and make the appointment, I would be there in a minute....

the wuss in me is procrastinating.

PEAS!

Dude I had mine done last year and I was in and out in 20 minutes. No joke! Just wear some loose pants and have some frozen peas on hand. Take it easy and listen to the doctor. I was feeling back to normal within 24 hours but I played it up so my wife would take care of me. Good luck. BDM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom