Wife told me I wear Black and Gold too much. (1 Viewer)

OP when his wife told him:

images

“Well, this comes as something of a shock”.

One of the first things I notice when I go home is how the colors change to some combination of black and gold or purple and gold.

In addition to being a rabid Saints fan, I am also an avid Chicago Blackhawks fan.
I bought a pair of red/black turf shoes to wear to my daughters fastpitch practices (her travel team is also red/black)...

...anyways... some moron saw my shoes and was like “hey, Falcons colors...” My gag reflex kicked in, and even though I know the shoes are Blackhawks colors, the thought of others assuming they are Falcons colors makes me not want to wear the shoes any longer. ?

I actually don’t see anything wrong with diversifying your wardrobe. Like it’s cool a lot of the time. And if you travel then I definatly think it’s appropriate to sport the colors. But when we are in town, is it really making much impression on people?

I wear both B&G and P&G and I stopped wearing the purple simply because purple doesn’t look good on me. Luckily I found some LSU stuff in black ?

To this day, I proudly wear combinations of black and gold at least 2-4 times a week. Saints & Southern Miss ffor life!!!!!!
My wife's family "used to be" fans of the Cowboys. THEN "someone" with some sense, became part their family 26 years ago when I married my wife.
MY wife KNOWS what colors I bleed, so there are NEVER any comments about my attire, EXCEPT, when I keep wearing camo until April.....
My inlaws didn't even watch any of the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving, HOWEVER, they made sure I had the big screen for the
Saints/Falcons game Thanksgiving night! Many of them, came to visit me to "check on US" as I watched the game! Us being ME and Our Saints!
I will let you as fellow Who Dats judge me, on my abilities to affect the Cowboy fandom. ?? :)

And how did you reply to her when you were at the divorce attorney's office?

My daily "uniform" is black shorts(sometimes pants) & a black hemp T-shirt. Sometimes black chalk stripe pants or grey shorts(pants comeo out in winter ,otherwise shorts & barefoot year round. Not even Saint's stuff. I usually pull out the gold accessories in pre-season.
Hell, my wife's favorite work top is an old practice jersey that I got from Morten years ago. Somehow or other it shrunk over the years & she got it, LOL. I hear that black is slimming, couldn't prove it by me!

When she 1st said it, I immediately thought "divorce" , then I came down and wondered if I do. I started looking at our latest photos and realized that she wasn't lying. I wear a combination of B&G damn near every day to the point that I don't even notice. Subconsciously I place those colors above all other color combos. My Question is, do any of you or anyone you know overdo it with the black and gold? can you overdo it? And what colors can I wear with black and gold that wont throw the scheme off? Only reason I made it a thread is because the wife bought me a blue and white button down with a nice Fleur de lis on it last month and I have yet to wear it which prompted her comment about the way I dressed. is anyone else married to or dating someone who is growing tired of the colors?

I'm quite certain very little to nothing in my wardrobe is outside of the color schemes of Black and Gold or Purple and Gold. Seems like a new wife is in order. Or a new training regimen.

To this day, I proudly wear combinations of black and gold at least 2-4 times a week. Saints & Southern Miss ffor life!!!!!!
My wife's family "used to be" fans of the Cowboys. THEN "someone" with some sense, became part their family 26 years ago when I married my wife.
MY wife KNOWS what colors I bleed, so there are NEVER any comments about my attire, EXCEPT, when I keep wearing camo until April.....
My inlaws didn't even watch any of the Cowboys game on Thanksgiving, HOWEVER, they made sure I had the big screen for the
Saints/Falcons game Thanksgiving night! Many of them, came to visit me to "check on US" as I watched the game! Us being ME and Our Saints!
I will let you as fellow Who Dats judge me, on my abilities to affect the Cowboy fandom. ?? :)
Now if could convince USM to get rid of the yellow and go back to gold...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom