Wifi mesh network (1 Viewer)

Great info Swampy. Do you have Ethernet coming off of any of the satélites or is the switch the only option? Also how do you feel about the app? Parental control is something I’m looking for but also intuitive and easy.
I think there's two ports on each, but I could be wrong. Maybe it's one.
I definitely needed two additional ports though.

Just FYI - the new Cox stuff is running on DOCSIS 3.1 (I have gigablast, so it might be for that), I believe, so I would look at that. I have an Arris CM8200 which is listed on Amazon for ~$200, but I think Cox charged me $150. I like to get my modem from Cox directly, just so if something goes sideways, they can't blame that.

Great info Swampy. Do you have Ethernet coming off of any of the satélites or is the switch the only option? Also how do you feel about the app? Parental control is something I’m looking for but also intuitive and easy.

Open DNS is a pretty easy option for filtering what's acceptable, unless the kids are network savvy enough to figure out how to bypass it.

Open DNS is a pretty easy option for filtering what's acceptable, unless the kids are network savvy enough to figure out how to bypass it.

He isn’t. I’m guessing that is available for any set up. I’m not really going to be in a situation where it’s likely that I actually need the mesh system but I’ve been wanting it anyway. I’m going to pull the trigger on this setup ( and the modem swampy posted) unless Black Friday presents a better deal.

Well I ended up going EERO. The pro plus two versions was 259 today. And for a Motorola docsis 3.1 for 150. I have way too much fun power for what I do but I can't stand poor Wi-Fi and want to be done with it forever

Well I ended up going EERO. The pro plus two versions was 259 today. And for a Motorola docsis 3.1 for 150. I have way too much fun power for what I do but I can't stand poor Wi-Fi and want to be done with it forever
Be sure to come back and let us know how it’s working out.

148 mbps. But compared to what I was at that is blazing fast. And the range is incredible. I have a levee that is over 100 yards behind my house. I still pick it up there with a loss of only one bar. Very impressed so far.

148 mbps. But compared to what I was at that is blazing fast. And the range is incredible. I have a levee that is over 100 yards behind my house. I still pick it up there with a loss of only one bar. Very impressed so far.
It’s a good feeling to fix it yourself and blow away the crap equipment they rent you.

Now I’m getting about 180mbps. The only disappointment has been the beacons. I think they are too close and so don’t really contribute (the interface tells you which of these each device is connected to). So I probably would have been better off just going with the nighthawk. But the erro pro is a powerful little unit in a tight design.

My router passed away last week after 5 years of use. The speeds signal started dropping and then the 5ghz channel disappeared altogether. I picked up a Netgear nighthawk. After some trouble setting it up as an access point behind my att modem/router, we are humming along throughout the entire house.

As measured from the same room as the router and then across the house, both on my pixel 2. I'm happy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191211-102351.png
    Screenshot_20191211-102351.png
    335.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20191211-102436.png
    Screenshot_20191211-102436.png
    328.4 KB · Views: 2
so I think I'm doing an about face and returning this set. The problem isn't the Eero Pro, it works great. The problem I have is with the beacons. First I was dissapointed in no ethernet ports off of them, didn't read enough on them. And they are only wall plug ins. This is a seems to be a problem for low outlets and furniture. Often devices close to a beacon are connecting to the base. So I think I am better off in this place with just a really good base router. I'm looking at the Nighthawks myself.

Amazon product ASIN B01H53WZ20
I like the specs but what is with all the reviews claiming constant drops or failed 5.0ghz signal. Is this not the right one?

Ok right off the bat I’m not happy with the open vent system on top of this unit. Vents can always be issues with dust but one facing down is just bound to ask for stuff from the air to settle in it. Thank god for the 4 year protection plan and that my GF is a cleaning nazi.

when you open the antenna wings up, all that area that they sat in is a grid you can see the components down in.

Attachments

• D01F1DA7-0CAF-449D-919C-314C32BBD255.png
    D01F1DA7-0CAF-449D-919C-314C32BBD255.png
    412.6 KB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom