Wil Lutz has been designated to return from injured reserve. (1 Viewer)

Interesting. We signed Brian Johnson off the Bears PS. We have to carry him for a minimum of 3 weeks on the active roster.
It just means he can return to practice. I’m sure the Saints realize Lutz won’t be ready, or they wouldn’t have signed AC/DC and locked him in for 3 weeks.

Interesting. We signed Brian Johnson off the Bears PS. We have to carry him for a minimum of 3 weeks on the active roster.

The timing is probably perfect. Based on his injury/surgery, he probably won't be able to kick accurately as soon as he starts practicing and it may take awhile to build up leg strength. Johnson allows Lutz to not have to rush coming back. Who knows, maybe we have to carry 2 kickers for awhile to give Lutz a break from kickoffs.

What a mess.

And that was a most stupid signing.

Unproven kicker off someone's practice squad and now he has to take up a valuable spot on the roster for 3 weeks.

Several veteran kickers sitting out there you could go with on a week to week basis.

The front office/Payton get a grade of F regarding the handling of the Lutz injury.

What’s up with all the LBer and Olinemen tryouts today? Are they just seeing what’s out there? I assume it’s not injury related.

Bit of a bummer that none of the other guys have been designated yet.
Yup. It’s early in the week - but I think a lot of people are going to be massively disappointed at who actually returns this week and even next.

I think several fans might have deluded themselves into thinking the bye was some magical benchmark that was going to bring back guys like Davenport, Alexander, Thomas and McCoy.

I get that it lines up with the dates that they would be “eligible” to return - but you have to ask yourself, under Payton, how many injured guys over the past 15 years have returned at the minimum return window?

Not many.

What’s up with all the LBer and Olinemen tryouts today? Are they just seeing what’s out there? I assume it’s not injury related.
I’d like to see them sign Whitney Mercilus who just got released by the Texans. He would help the pass rush and be a great insurance policy on Davenport getting back and staying back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom