Wil Lutz has been designated to return from injured reserve. (1 Viewer)

It just means he can return to practice. I’m sure the Saints realize Lutz won’t be ready, or they wouldn’t have signed AC/DC and locked him in for 3 weeks.
100% this. Hope I'm wrong, but I think we all need to temper our expectations a bit when it comes to how everyone's gonna play when they come back. It's probably gonna take a game or two for everyone to get back to playing like we expect.

100% this. Hope I'm wrong, but I think we all need to temper our expectations a bit when it comes to how everyone's gonna play when they come back. It's probably gonna take a game or two for everyone to get back to playing like we expect.
…and only Lutz has been designated to return right? No Davenport, no Kwon, no TQS? ..and no Vannett yet either?

I was wrong about this… and you sir, are correct:

A practice squad player cannot be signed to another practice squad unless he is first released. ... If a practice squad player is signed to the active roster, he will receive a minimum of three weekly paychecks, even if he is released before spending three weeks with the new team.”

There seems to be some confusion on this one and I don't know which is right. This was what I had found previously when we were discussing in another thread:

• If a practice squad player is signed by another team, he receives a guaranteed three-week salary and will count against the 53-man roster for at least three weeks — even if released before those three weeks are over.

Source

But notice it says "weeks" not "games" which would imply BJ only has to count against the 53 for 2 games.

There seems to be some confusion on this one and I don't know which is right. This was what I had found previously when we were discussing in another thread:

Source

But notice it says "weeks" not "games" which would imply BJ only has to count against the 53 for 2 games.
The second is the correct answer.

I found this in Article 33 of the newest CBA.

Section 6. Active List (Other Clubs): If a player on the Practice Squad of one club (Club A) signs an NFL Player Contract with another club (Club B), (1) the player shall receive three weeks salary of his NFL Player Contract at the 53-player Active/Inactive List minimum even if he is terminated by Club B prior to earning that amount, and (2) Club B is required to count the player on its 53-player Active/Inactive List for three games

I think signing the other kicker gives us insurance b/c coming off of IR means you can practice but you still may not play plus if you do how will you look. All these things go into play now w/ all the guys coming off of IR.

If Johnson doesn't work out, Hopkins could be a good stopgap for a bit. Don't have to carry Johnson for 3 weeks, just have to pay him.

Blewitt is one of the worst names for a kicker ever…
I disagree. I think it's pretty apt. Other names are Mist, Shenk, Klunk, Finkle.

ETA: Dang it, that's not what I first clicked on here for. I wanted to ask when is our injury report due?

I disagree. I think it's pretty apt. Other names are Mist, Shenk, Klunk, Finkle.

ETA: Dang it, that's not what I first clicked on here for. I wanted to ask when is our injury report due?

Tomorrow.

If Johnson doesn't work out, Hopkins could be a good stopgap for a bit. Don't have to carry Johnson for 3 weeks, just have to pay him.

Wrong. See my earlier post that includes a quote from the CBA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom