Wil Lutz has been designated to return from injured reserve. (1 Viewer)

What a mess.

And that was a most stupid signing.

Unproven kicker off someone's practice squad and now he has to take up a valuable spot on the roster for 3 weeks.

Several veteran kickers sitting out there you could go with on a week to week basis.

The front office/Payton get a grade of F regarding the handling of the Lutz injury.
Where are y’all getting he has to be on the roster for 3 weeks?

Everything I’m reading says they have to pay him 3 checks. Even if he’s cut prior.

So that means he can be cut and lutz on active roster. Just have to pay him the 3 weeks.

Towards the bottom here

What a mess.

Unproven kicker off someone's practice squad and now he has to take up a valuable spot on the roster for 3 weeks.

Several veteran kickers sitting out there you could go with on a week to week basis.

The front office/Payton get a grade of F regarding the handling of the Lutz injury.
Is it really that valuable? Is it not more prudent to 100% address the kicker problem? Either Lutz is back 100% or this talented youngster gets to handle it. Either way, we're no longer hamstrung. I'm pretty sure one roster spot being locked off for 3 weeks is worth an end to this debacle.

But wait. Oh no. We won't have enough room to keep Adonis Alexander on the roster...

Is it really that valuable? Is it not more prudent to 100% address the kicker problem? Either Lutz is back 100% or this talented youngster gets to handle it. Either way, we're no longer hamstrung. I'm pretty sure one roster spot being locked off for 3 weeks is worth an end to this debacle.

But wait. Oh no. We won't have enough room to keep Adonis Alexander on the roster...
He's not a talented youngster.

See my post above. Where’s this 3 week thing coming from? Is it new to this season? I can’t find anything saying that. Only thing I found is teams have to pay them 3 weeks even if they’re not on the roster.

What a mess.

You were mad about Rosas, you were mad about Parkey... Veteran kickers. Now we sign someone young who maybe doesn't have the mental woes of a struggling veteran kicker, and NOW this is the worst signing you could have imagined. LOL. Lutz has 3 weeks to come back. If this guy is better than Parkey or Rosas, it's a W.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Any veteran kicker available right now is trash. Wild thought, but maybe Sean wants a chance at actually making field goals in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll take the unknown of a young kicker over veterans who have a permanent case of the yips, but that's just me.

See my post above. Where’s this 3 week thing coming from? Is it new to this season? I can’t find anything saying that. Only thing I found is teams have to pay them 3 weeks even if they’re not on the roster.
I was wrong about this… and you sir, are correct:

A practice squad player cannot be signed to another practice squad unless he is first released. ... If a practice squad player is signed to the active roster, he will receive a minimum of three weekly paychecks, even if he is released before spending three weeks with the new team.”

I was wrong about this… and you sir, are correct:

A practice squad player cannot be signed to another practice squad unless he is first released. ... If a practice squad player is signed to the active roster, he will receive a minimum of three weekly paychecks, even if he is released before spending three weeks with the new team.”
I was just curious cause I’ve seen a few on the board saying this and didn’t know if I missed a rule change

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom