Wil Lutz takes down NFC Special Teams Player of the Week (1 Viewer)

Maybe now we can begin to see a reduction in the number of pompous posts criticizing SP for having faith in Lutz after his Lutz's workout. Then again, pompous posters post pompous posts.

Do we give McMahon credit for Lutz hitting the kick, TommyLee's great return, and the incredibly effective punt coverage defense?

Or do we only assign blame when things go wrong?

Way to go Lutz!!!!!

It's funny, we've only played 5 games, and 2 have already come down to a long Lutz kick in the final seconds.

tumblr_mpl2zaBHkP1rjolq5o1_r1_400.gif

Nice. When is the last time a Saints kicker was special teams player of the week, John Carney? Good for him, good for us and Payton has finally found his kicker.

Do we give McMahon credit for Lutz hitting the kick, TommyLee's great return, and the incredibly effective punt coverage defense?

Or do we only assign blame when things go wrong?

Way to go Lutz!!!!!

It's funny, we've only played 5 games, and 2 have already come down to a long Lutz kick in the final seconds.

Ha. I'll bite.

McMahon still [MOD EDIT: is not thought highly of], except to the extent you can credit him for Morstead's continued excellence. If McMahon is responsible for that, then kudos.

But lets not kid ourselves - our cover teams are still mediocre at best, and we had Byrd making 2 dumb errors on deep punts before we got Lewis' nice return.

I realize I seem like a broken record on Lutz and will get red- thumbed into Bolivian again, but we only needed his game winning kick bc he flubbed an earlier (though admittedly challenging) kick. Our FG unit is the definition of inconsistency - game to game, kick to kick, you might get a block, a miss, or a dead-on FG - each with about equal statistical chance.

I mean, is nobody else kinda surprised he got the POW award?

Our ST still sucks. IMO.

Ha. I'll bite.

McMahon still [MOD EDIT: is not thought highly of], except to the extent you can credit it him for Morstead's continued excellence. If McMahon is responsible for that, then kudos.

But lets not kid ourselves - our cover teams are still mediocre at best, and we had Byrd making 2 dumb errors on deep punts before we got Lewis' nice return.

I realize I seem like a broken record on Lutz and will get red- thumbed into Bolivian again, but we only needed his game winning kick bc he flubbed an earlier (though admittedly challenging) kick. Our FG unit is the definition of inconsistency - game to game, kick to kick, you might get a block, a miss, or a dead-on FG - each with about equal statistical chance.

I mean, is nobody else kinda surprised he got the POW award?

Our ST still sucks. IMO.
Wow, you must be blind to not figure out that Byrd is our situational fair catch returner. Sometimes team like to be be conservative and avoid a penalty or even worse... A game losing turnover.

Wow, you must be blind to not figure out that Byrd is our situational fair catch returner. Sometimes team like to be be conservative and avoid a penalty or even worse... A game losing turnover.

I understand his role. I don't think he does (poor coaching).

You can still be conservative without calling for a fair catch at the 7. You let that one bounce. Every time. That's football 101. (And frankly even more conservative than trying to field it at all.)

Conservative does not mean dumb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom