Wil Lutz! (1 Viewer)

He has too much potential with his range, have to let him have the year

Yeah that kick was clutch, I really hope he is the future for us because I am tired of us playing musical chairs with kickers

Big ups to Sean Payton for that confusing move.

He looks like he's our kicker of the future, so far. Missed one earlier, but he made up for it in the end.

And I know full well folk were ready with the "Best workout ever, my ***!" comments. Don't say you weren't! :hihi:

He needs better long ball accuracy but he really has the leg power to hit 60 yard FG's all day long.

A good future for him.

I like Lutz and think he's the solution to our kicking problems.

But if he had missed that kick yesterday he would have ended up being the scapegoat given his other miss.

But he made it and instead of the scapegoat he's the GOAT.

I like Lutz because all his extra points are right down the middle. The kicks he has missed so far were totally botched, and had nothing to do with his accuracy. That kid is going to be money.

I bet he so badly wants that Oakland kick back.

Regardless, it's a very valuable weapon to have the option to attempt a field goal when the drive stalls just past mid field and in. Sean Payton always talks about stealing possessions. Well a 57 yard field goal (if executed) is stealing a possession (and points) vs a punt.

I still don't have 100% confidence in him or anything, but it's nice to be able to go for these really long field goals and feel like we have a chance, unlike recent years where anything over 50 seemed like an afterthought or a miracle.

Its not like the guy has missed anything below 50 yards. He had one blocked but that was on the line head. Still more dependable than the other kickers we had.

just like to point out... 7/11 = 63.6% This is a lower % than all of our kickers from Sean Payton's era.

just like to point out... 7/11 = 63.6% This is a lower % than all of our kickers from Sean Payton's era.

And, you are doing that to ... show that statistics don't always tell the whole story?

And, you are doing that to ... show that statistics don't always tell the whole story?

I know the small sample size says he kicks it low so he will trouble with blocked kicks. And if we consider distance, one should never have a 20 yard kick blocked.

I am playing devil's advocate because we have had kickers kicking 80+% and people want them fired just because they miss a couple field goals.

And I know full well folk were ready with the "Best workout ever, my ***!" comments. Don't say you weren't! :hihi:

I was not thrilled at the prospect of keeping either kicker. 1 had no distance, 1 kicked line drives so he couldn't help Morstead on KOs. I was absolutely delighted when Payton took Lutz.

I judge kickers partly on their extra points. Willie's EP's are all on the money, and extremely neutral. He has zero hook or slice that would eventually bite him on anything beyond 45 yards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom