Wil Lutz! (1 Viewer)

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Big ups to Sean Payton for that confusing move.

He looks like he's our kicker of the future, so far. Missed one earlier, but he made up for it in the end.

And I know full well folk were ready with the "Best workout ever, my ***!" comments. Don't say you weren't! :hihi:

Big ups to Sean Payton for that confusing move.

He looks like he's our kicker of the future, so far. Missed one earlier, but he made up for it in the end.

And I know full well folk were ready with the "Best workout ever, my ***!" comments. Don't say you weren't! :hihi:

I was about to start a thread on him. He just mis hit that 1st one. Dude nailed a long game winning pressure kick to win the game. Hes gonna be a good one!

The kid has a leg (Leg Jr?) and he's gaining confidence. I loved seeing the team celebrate with him after that last kick. According to John Grudden last Monday, when talking about Agyuao, Janikowsky had a slightly rocky start, too. Look at him now.

The kid has a leg (Leg Jr?) and he's gaining confidence. I loved seeing the team celebrate with him after that last kick. According to John Grudden last Monday, when talking about Agyuao, Janikowsky had a slightly rocky start, too. Look at him now.

It was great to see the players rally around him. He's been put in some incredibly tough situations this year.....

I was critical about Payton going with Lutz but I was wrong. Good young kicker with a strong leg seems like the correct guy going forward.

I still don't have 100% confidence in him or anything, but it's nice to be able to go for these really long field goals and feel like we have a chance, unlike recent years where anything over 50 seemed like an afterthought or a miracle.

Lutz is the guy for the future, I think. He needs to be put in some better positions with some "average" field goals to gain confidence, but he seems to have everything that you want in a kicker including short memory. He has had to kick a bunch of 50+ yarders, which are tough for anyone.

Easy. Maybe 60+. It almost looked like the saints open upped and blocked a lane so he could kick it low and long.

The ball was kicked low enough that a block was possible, but somehow the defenders had been cleared out of the lane. I'm not sure if it was by design or luck, but the kick needed the lane to get through.

The way the first long kick was lobbed without the distance, I'm sure he's aware of how low his kicks are and has been trying to get them up earlier.

I still don't have 100% confidence in him or anything, but it's nice to be able to go for these really long field goals and feel like we have a chance, unlike recent years where anything over 50 seemed like an afterthought or a miracle.

Gano flat missed a extra point and Hauska (sp?) had one blocked
both top 10 kickers

i say ride with the kid and quit playing musical legs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom