Wildcard Playoffs - Giants vs Bucs Gameday Thread (1 Viewer)

Giants @ Cowboys in the Divisional Round, two NFC East teams, they would LOVE that.

A friend of mine ,that is a Cowboys fan, said they can't play the Giants in the next round because of some rule that would prevent it due to both teams being from the same division. He said it was talked about by Dukes on NFLN.

A friend of mine ,that is a Cowboys fan, said they can't play the Giants in the next round because of some rule that would prevent it due to both teams being from the same division. He said it was talked about by Dukes on NFLN.

Are you sure about that?

I seem to recall the Cowboys and Eagles meeting in the NFC divisional playoff game twice in the 90s (Still can't get over 36-20 against Philly, BTW)

Also, the Bucs and Packers, when they were in the same division, met in the divisional playoffs one year.

I think you're talking about the days of One Wild-Card game per conference.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that?

I seem to recall the Cowboys and Eagles meeting in the NFC divisional playoff game twice in the 90s (Still can't get over what happened against Philly, BTW)

I'm sure that is what my friend said but I have no idea if that is a rule and if what he said is factual.

I'm sure that is what my friend said but I have no idea if that is a rule and if what he said is factual.

The Pats just played the Jets in the playoffs last year. Further, in 86 the Pats played both the Jets and Dolphins in the playoffs. There is no rule like that in football, just MLB in the first round.

That's what I thought but it could have been something that changed recently. He said it was talked about on "Put Up Your Dukes." I guess we'll see soon enough if the Giants win.

He must have heard wrong. If the Titans win today Jax plays at Indy and if the Giants win they play at Dallas.

The Pats just played the Jets in the playoffs last year. Further, in 86 the Pats played both the Jets and Dolphins in the playoffs. There is no rule like that in football, just MLB in the first round.

Don't forget the Wild-Card game against Miami in '97,

Don't forget the Wild-Card game against Miami in '97,

He said it only applied in the Divisional round. It didn't sound right when he said it but he's pretty hardcore and I usually defer to him based on his knowledge of the game.

I just heard Aikman say the winner of this game is at Dallas, so he did hear it wrong.

Eli is on fire. Great throw there.
So is Bradshaw, 7th round rookie out of Marshall.
I have been critical of the G-Men all year, but recently have been converted and they are a great team to watch now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom