Wildcat, Wildcat, Wildcat= Saint's first loss (1 Viewer)

ShadySaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
According to Herm Edwards on SportsCenter. I'm wore out of all this talk of the wildcat. Miami intends to keep Drew Brees off the field by chewing up time of poss. It's too bad that Miami doesn't have anything else for them other than the wildcat. I wish I had a penny for everytime I heard it this week. UGH!

GameBreaker

Underrated
Reaction score
Here's a bold prediction...

Drew and the machine play ball control and keep the wildcat off the field in a near shutout victory.

SaintsIn2009

BRING THE WOOD!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, just heard that and they both said they think the Saints will be the first undefeated team to lose....and against Miami.

fwaokda

If we are passing and getting the score up then they can't do their wild kitty as much as they would like... don't be afraid of it. 6-0!

Boudro

I'm so not a raper.
Reaction score
Why is it them that is gonna be able to control the clock and keep our offense off of the field? We are more than capable of running the ball and sustaining drives.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Ok let's say Miami eats up clock on us to the tune of 2:1. They get 40 minutes of offense and we get 20. How many points to they put up in 40 minutes? 17? 20? How many do we put up in 20 minutes? 24? 27? 35? Let 'em run down the clock, It'll just keep Brees fresh.

I predict 37-13 Saints win

Last edited:

Cuozzo67

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Herm, quit drinking all those Coors Lights. Hello?

FanaticalSaints

When Miami played the Colts, they held the ball for an astonishing 45 minutes. They definitely have the ability to keep teams off the field.

retthib

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This will be the type of game that the D has been looking for to further prove their validity, if they havent already. GW and our new found confident hard nosed D will not let the wild cat bring them down. Count on it.

GW will find ways to have DTs blowing up the middle on every play w/ Harper and our LBs keeping contain on the outside.

We will give up yards, it happens when you play the wildcat. Look for 2nd half adjustments to be key. Once our guys figure out the speed and QW figures out the best techniques, we will stomp them in the 2nd half.

Not to mention the Fins will be playing catch up the entire game.

Boudro

I'm so not a raper.
Reaction score
When Miami played the Colts, they held the ball for an astonishing 45 minutes. They definitely have the ability to keep teams off the field.

And they still lost. Granted they SHOULD have won, but the fact remains that they lost. Even with them chewing up all that clock it was still close enough in the end for Indy to have a chance to win, and they did.

I feel sorry for the team that allows us to keep the ball for 45 minutes.

CDThe1

Classic Games
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

True enough, but they still lost the game. Manning still won the game with passing, and Drew could do the same thing, regardless of time of possession.

Indy's defense is not as good as ours in my opinion, either.

MudBugger

Very Banned
Reaction score
it was still close enough in the end for Indy to have a chance to win, and they did.QUOTE]

That is exactly what Miami wants!!! A chance to win!

Miami wants a chance to be able to win the game in the fourth quarter.

RaginKajun18

Very Banned
Reaction score
The colts defense is the only team they did that to. The Colts defense is small and built to pass rush. And it was missing Bob Sanders. The Saints defense is bigger and better. I don't see the Dolphins doing that to New Orleans.

The Dolphins have also turned the ball over and the Saints are a strip happy football team. There will be at least 1 fumble by the Dolphins.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom