Wilford Brimley dead at 85 (1 Viewer)

Forgot "The China Syndrome." Thanks to DVR, watching it now.

I had to watch that movie in 1981? for a film study class in high school. My Dad was a recently retired Nuclear Electrician with the Navy so he helped me write a report on the movie. We ripped the hell out of the the movie on the the technical specs. The teacher ( a left over 1960's hippy freak) gave me a D- for he repot, I also turned it into my history teacher who allowed us to turn in reports from other classes for extra credit, he graded it as an A. ( he was also a liberal but would respect your opinion as long as you could support it, unlike the idiot English teacher). I don't think I have watched a Jane Fonda movie since and her brother is an even bigger jackass.

Yeah, I thought he was 80 years old like 30 years ago. RIP

When 'Cocoon' reached theaters on June 21, 1985, Wilford Brimley was 18,530 days old (50 years, 9 months and 6 days).

Actors who have passed the Brimley/Cocoon line:
Tom Cruise...8 years ago
Brad Pitt...6 years ago
Keanu Reaves...5 years ago
Matthew McConaughy...last week

Man I just saw some of the end of Cocoon. It's funny the things you notice later that make your eyes roll. That he was younger in that movie than I am now is just one. But here's a tidbit I didn't know. The actress that played their daughter Susan was Nova in Planet of the Apes.

Man i was so busy in life i didnt take stock or noticed that Brimleys death happened just a few days before my 40th Birthday.

One of my fondest memories in life was my grandpa imitating Brimleys Diabetes commercial. In particular this line. "I check my blood sugar and I check it often".

Man i was so busy in life i didnt take stock or noticed that Brimleys death happened just a few days before my 40th Birthday.

One of my fondest memories in life was my grandpa imitating Brimleys Diabetes commercial. In particular this line. "I check my blood sugar and I check it often".
Yeah I had forgotten. I would have expected a little more conversation about it, too.

Another fact, he was Mormon. Never knew he was from Utah

When 'Cocoon' reached theaters on June 21, 1985, Wilford Brimley was 18,530 days old (50 years, 9 months and 6 days).

Actors who have passed the Brimley/Cocoon line:
Tom Cruise...8 years ago
Brad Pitt...6 years ago
Keanu Reaves...5 years ago
Matthew McConaughy...last week
Haha, just watched Cocoon today from start to finish. I knew Brimley was younger but he was only 49 at start of filming! You could tell his hair was dyed too lol. I am now 50 so older than he was too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom