will 2013 be the year that we do away with the song halftime? (1 Viewer)

It's played out. And all you people who mark out for it when it comes on are embarrassing yourselves.

You're like the people still listening to the BeeGees in 1982. You're wearing acid wash jeans with Axl Rose hair in 1995. You're wearing skinny ties after the fad died but before it became retro.

Or something.

Seriously the song is played out. Kill it with fire.

yeah its pretty terrible. The reason it became popular was because the players would react to it. now they dont react to it, id bet they dread it. the other teams probably make fun of them on the field. "Yall still playing that 10 year old song that yall been playing for the last 5 years? Cmon Man"

They should replace it with the Inception Horn.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZKGJZt83_JE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OMG, can't get anymore lame-o.

I don't know what will replace it, but I'm just about ready to see it take a little vacation, at the very least.

On the other hand, at least it's only played after scores. The Vikings have that stupid horn blast that they play after Every. Single. Thing. they do right on the field. Touchdown? "Da-DAA!" Field goal? "Da-DAA!" First down? "Da-DAA!" Other team got a penalty? "Da-DAA!" Player tied his shoes correctly? "Da-DAA!" Roof of the stadium didn't collapse yet? "Da-DAA!" It's embarrassing to watch and hear.

If I were unfortunate enough to live in MN, I would be breakin' that horn off in someone.

I take a guy or gal playing an organ at this point....ive been asking for this song to die for 2 years now.

I just wont die. Why?

Because of the 10,000 or so who STAND UP and dance ( well, i wouldnt call it dance, head bob w/ stiff neck more like it ) when the song comes on.

(teeth gritting ) SIIIIIIIIIT DOOOOWWWN NOW.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HORkT4a2MhQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The absolute worst is that stupid cannon in Tampa. Good lord they will fire it for every yard gained on a 3 yard run. It is super obnoxious. I think they let a ten year old decide when to fire it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I think we should only play "Halftime" after we score 3 TDs. Maybe every other TD after that. It's getting tired. When's the last time you saw a player get fired up over that song?

i'm ready for it to be retired also. There has to be another song out there that would work for this.

New year, new song. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I don't have any suggestions however so my opinion is rather moot at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom