Will any Saints player take a knee on Sunday during the national anthem? (1 Viewer)

Just wondering what everybody's feelings will be on this situation. Especially considering that Sunday will be the 15th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. :idunno:

I personally hope not, big supporter of the military and first responders here

I don't care what other people are/will be doing. I'm former military and my father and both of my brothers are former military. I just don't care what other people are doing. I care about what I am doing. If more people cared more about what they were doing in their own life instead of focusing on what other people are doing in their lives, the country would be in much better shape.

]

No, you're just trolling. I'm sure if you had it your way, we'd be doing things like they did in the "good ol days" by the way you're speaking. Those days are over, sonny. .

Once again, dragging out the race card. Are you paraphrasing Joe Biden with his 'put y'all in chains' ?

Or, perhaps Hillary? " "To just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it,".

Just keep playing that same old fear music..because it works, right?

It's Brees right to say whatever he wants. Just like Kap.

You can't have it both ways.

I never asked to have it both ways and I never said Brees didn't have a right to say what he said. There are two different issues here. One issue is whether Brees and Kap had a right to say what they said. They both obviously have that right.

The other issue is whether what they did was for the good of their teams? Someone suggested that what Kap did wasn't for the good of his team and I'm just pointing out that maybe Brees should stay out of politics since maybe what he said wasn't for the good of his team. Regardless whether either should face "consequences" is up to them and their employers.

Personally, I'd prefer it if our players stayed out of controversial issues that might tear the team apart. But they have a right to say whatever they want. Whether they face consequences, in the case of Brees, is up to Payton, Loomis and Benson.

Once again, dragging out the race card. Are you paraphrasing Joe Biden with his 'put y'all in chains' ?

Or, perhaps Hillary? " "To just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it,".

Just keep playing that same old fear music..because it works, right?

Either you own a tattoo parlor and like expensive watches or you really are trolling
I can't see an alternative way of reading this

I never asked to have it both ways and I never said Brees didn't have a right to say what he said. There are two different issues here. One issue is whether Brees and Kap had a right to say what they said. They both obviously have that right.

The other issue is whether what they did was for the good of their teams? Someone suggested that what Kap did wasn't for the good of his team and I'm just pointing out that maybe Brees should stay out of politics since maybe what he said wasn't for the good of his team. Regardless whether either should face "consequences" is up to them and their employers.

Personally, I'd prefer it if our players stayed out of controversial issues that might tear the team apart. But they have a right to say whatever they want. Whether they face consequences, in the case of Brees, is up to Payton, Loomis and Benson.
I didn't mean "you" personally.
It would sounded weird saying, one can't have it both ways.

Also, I agree that players should stay out of the controversial issues.
I have a huge issue with anyone who lights that wick and then stands back to watch the fireworks.

If you really want to do something that helps save human lives, then do something.
He knew he would anger people with the stance he took against standing for the anthem. As far as I can see, it just made more people angry. Exactly opposite of what needs to be happening.

I suppose it IS possible that you really DON'T understand.........

29142391.L1odd4Rb.LightaCandle.jpg

What if no camera focused on Kaps protest, would any of us be talking about it? What if all the patriots so up in arms were focused on the flag instead of Kaepernick sitting or kneeling or whatever the hell he was doing, would any of us be talking about it? What if having seen Kaepernick doing what he was doing, we all ignored him, would their have been cameras in his face asking about it? There's the problem right there. Everyone wants to focus on everyone elses business instead of focusing on their own. Everyone wants everyone to play by their rules instead of letting people do their thing as long as it doesn't impact them. There was not one person harmed or otherwise hurt by Kap's actions....yet there is a whole discussion on it. This is stupid people. It's just plain stupid. Then you get the internet activist who say "I'm going to boycott the NFL because of this and they way they handled BLM." Good on them. I wish them luck as the NFL laughs and takes the money of the next person in line to buy a ticket or watch their product. I wish every person that was up in arms about Kap not standing would go to the nearest recruiting office and sign up for service. If they are too old, go donate to help wounded soldiers or volunteer time at the VA or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom