Will any Saints player take a knee on Sunday during the national anthem? (1 Viewer)

How long will it take for this thread to be moved? I can see it coming now

Drew came out vocally criticizing Kapernick and made it known he doesn't agree with it. If a Saints player took a knee I think it would be a distraction to the team.

Drew came vocally criticizing Kapernick, made it known he doesn't agree with it. If a Saints player took a knee I think it would be a distraction to the team.
Do u have a link to what Drew said?

I can't stand that argument. That flag represents the military and what they do for this country. I know there are still issues to do with race in this country, but it is still the greatest country in the world. That flag is a symbol of all of the men and women of many races who have given their lives so that these NFL players can make their millions. I am all for freedom of speech, but it better be freedom of speech for both sides of this issue. People who disagree with how those few players are going about protesting this have the right to the same free speech and shouldn't be ridiculed for it.

I think you have an odd view of the flag. The flag is a symbol of this nation, not just it's military. It has never been a purely military symbol and I'm not sure I understand why you see it that way.

I also don't think you understand what freedom of speech means. You have a right to say whatever you want (within the bounds of some narrow restrictions, i.e. yelling fire in a crowded theater). That does not mean that you don't have to face non-governmental consequences for what you say. Those consequences may include ridicule. Certainly Kaepernick has faced his fair share of ridicule from many.

Are for Saints players, I really don't care what they do and the issue of whether they are allowed to protest by kneeling is between them and the Saints organization.

Instead of watching the news, I'm gonna quote the protestors.

Quote from Kaepernick.

Quote from Marshall.

You can disagree with their methods, but let's not misrepresent their message.

What do you think Kaepernick is referring to when he says, bodies laying in the street and people get paid leave for it? Gangsters get paid leave? Its absolutely about law enforcement and the liberal ajenda. Its not even an arguement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew came out vocally criticizing Kapernick and made it known he doesn't agree with it. If a Saints player took a knee I think it would be a distraction to the team.

Or was it Brees taking a position in the first place that is the distraction? I'm sure many on the team agree with Kapernick, even if they had no plans to join him. So, maybe Brees should have stayed out of the hot political issue for the good of the team?

What do you think Kaepernick is referring to when he says, bodies laying in the street and people get paid leave for it? Gangsters get paid leave? Its absolutely about law enforcement and the liberal ajenda. Its not even an arguement.

He doesn't support crooked cops, and I don't either. Do you?

In a town full of amazing food, Drew thinks that Jimmy Johns is tops. Everyone has an opinion, but its still just an opinion.

You do realize cops are only a fraction of all first responders? What about emergency personnel, fire departments, life guards and others? They're not making blanket statements, but rather targeting their frustration at those who would treat people unjustly. They don't want people to forget that there's still awful stuff happening and we as a country should not only be aware of it, but actually try and do something about it.

Its sad to see a few people on this forum saying they don't care making it about only football, I'm reading about disrespecting the flag and vets, politics and do it on your own time and so on.. someone even said we don't have that many idiots on the team. So i'm curious to know how some of you actually feel about the veterans who support Kaepernick? sense a lot of you seem to only making it about the flag and veterans. I have no issue with Kaepernick and his stance and when and how he did it. Infact if most of you don't care about anything but football and it doesn't matter why should the nfl bring awareness to Breast Cancer every year?? Why because it affects lives and everyone. Another thing people get up in arms about new gun laws people want to about constitution amendments then only when its beneficial to them.

In a town full of amazing food, Drew thinks that Jimmy Johns is tops. Everyone has an opinion, but its still just an opinion.

So its just about crooked cops? Come on man... Does Kaep say anything about crooked cops? Does anyone in the media say anything about crooked cops? Its about law enforcement... Period... People are so misinformed about this whole deal... Yet nobody wants to talk about the facts. Of course I dont like crooked cops. I am a cop and they disgrace my profession. Just like I dont like teachers who sleep with students. Most cops are honest God fearing people trying to a difficult job to the best of their ability.

I dont either.

But while I think CK can choose not to sit or stand as he feels, I dont agree with misrepresenting classism as racism. I have spent over 25 years working with police departments and sheriffs offices. As long we continue to mislabel the problem as racism it wont get solved.

There are tons and tons of great officer and sheriffs. But there is still a culture problem inside police departments and sheriff offices where they use the "C" word way too much and way too disdainfully toward those they are seeking to serve.

If you dont know what the "C" word is then you probably arent as informed about the real issues as you should be.

Just take out the bold...I support less killing of everyone...We are all people in my mind...

I love everyone but the cause is needed
as a black man when I saw on facebook a man shot infront of his girl and his child. His child bro. And you say to yourself this can be me my brother my son. Based on genetics. If all lives matter prove it and support the cause. My father was a vet. One love

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom