Will any Saints player take a knee on Sunday during the national anthem? (1 Viewer)

75Saint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Just wondering what everybody's feelings will be on this situation. Especially considering that Sunday will be the 15th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks. :idunno:

I personally hope not, big supporter of the military and first responders here

I don't care what they do based on their personal beliefs in regards to the anthem, as long as they go out and produce on the field, they can do whatever they please.

Just to be sure. While I don't really care for it myself because the act can easily be misconstrued, the reason for the protesting has to do with social injustice. It's not a commentary against the military or first responders.

It meets the definition of a peaceful protest. No one interrupts the anthem. I'm not protesting, but I can understand why.

Payton said that the Saints have a policy with respect to the National Anthem. He would not disclose what it is. I would hope that our players are disciplined enough not to ignore the policies set forth by the team, whatever those may be.

Thanks, Dave and Bill, I don't know how it got twisted into lack of support for military and/or first responders. Doesn't have anything to do with that.

As for me, it doesn't matter. In fact, if someone wants to kneel quietly rather than stand, that's preferable rather than those players who talk, wander around and don't pay attention. JMO.

I think on their own time, they can do whatever they want. When they are on the job and representing the Saints, they should keep their politics to themselves... even if I agree with their politics.

if i was a player. I wouldn't on 9-11 since it a very tragic day for America. But anytime after Sunday then yeah

Just to be sure. While I don't really care for it myself because the act can easily be misconstrued, the reason for the protesting has to do with social injustice. It's not a commentary against the military or first responders.

I can't stand that argument. That flag represents the military and what they do for this country. I know there are still issues to do with race in this country, but it is still the greatest country in the world. That flag is a symbol of all of the men and women of many races who have given their lives so that these NFL players can make their millions. I am all for freedom of speech, but it better be freedom of speech for both sides of this issue. People who disagree with how those few players are going about protesting this have the right to the same free speech and shouldn't be ridiculed for it.

Payton said that the Saints have a policy with respect to the National Anthem. He would not disclose what it is. I would hope that our players are disciplined enough not to ignore the policies set forth by the team, whatever those may be.

I would hope not , And looking at our team we have real leaders on both side of the ball that wouldn't allow such a disgraceful act to take place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom