Will Anyone Be Worthy of the 10th Pick? (6 Viewers)

I'm not sure there will be anyone @ 10 that another team feels won't drop some more. Moving back would be nice, but unless McFadden falls or someone falls in love with Mendenhall who would want to move up?

No Ellis or Dorsey ? Draft Mike Jenkins. He's big, fast, and had already been considered a lockdown guy BEFORE his senior year.Teams threw away from him all year, & he still had 3 picks. Don't judge players by All Star games, and the combine (though MJ ran a 4.38 & did 18 bench reps). This guy is the best all-around cover CB in the draft.

No Ellis or Dorsey ? Draft Mike Jenkins. He's big, fast, and had already been considered a lockdown guy BEFORE his senior year.Teams threw away from him all year, & he still had 3 picks. Don't judge players by All Star games, and the combine (though MJ ran a 4.38 & did 18 bench reps). This guy is the best all-around cover CB in the draft.

:plus-un2:

Although DRC has the potential to be a premiere corner, Jenkins has displayed the aptitude it takes to be succesful in the NFL already. So when it comes down to picking your player in the draft, it is a combination of attributes possessed and displayed vs predicted or calculated outcome. Our Front Office has shown a propensity to rely heavily on the predicted (or calculated) outcome and that is why we have Colston, Evans, et al. This being said, DRC could very likely be their pick if it were down to these 2 players.

Given their success factor, I am more than willing to sit here quietly and depend on their decision. Whether they take a CB, OT, or decide to trade down and stockpile picks, they have my support. However, if someone I believe would help our team falls to #10 and they do not pick them, I will need to find a furniture repair person here in town to remove my knuckle imprints from my desk....

I really think trading up for Dorsey or Ellis is going to be our best option unless one happnes to fall to us. I think Scott B's post from yesterday explained it well. Trade our 1st and 3rd to move up. Then trade back in the 2nd to recoup the 3rd. That is unless there is an impact player in the second that we are in love with.

DRC/McLovin/Clady

Yes! With the 10th pick the Saints draft the 21 year old Hawaiian organ donor, McLovin. Sweet. I think if Leodis agrees to officially change his name to McLovin then he must be the pick at 10.

DRC is worth it but I still think the Saints could trade back and get him at 13 or 14 now I know those teams may want to trade up but if a WR starts to move up the board I could see someone like Chicago or Denver wanting to jump a few spots and we could recoup the pick we gave for for Vilma.

I don't understand everyone that says, let's just move Jamaal Brown back to RT......if the staff thought for one second about making that move, what makes you think Brown would agree to this? He would be leaving an elite position that makes elite money. And, we know Brown is an All-Pro LT, we have no idea what Clady will do at this level. We have a good thing with Brown and we drafted his backup last year. If we want a RT, we need to draft a RT and not start moving existing players around on the OL.

If we draft Clady and he starts his rookie year, I garauntee it will be a RT, not LT. He may eventually move to LT, but he will not unseat Brown. It more than likely would signal that we do not intend on re-signing Brown when this contracts up.

I still think Rivers or DRC will be the pick with Mendenhall as the dark horse. IMO, if we don't trade up, these 3 players give us the most impact their rookie years.

Here's what I see as the interesting part of the question that began this thread as the title: The answer is "Yes" and "No."

People who are "worth" the pick will go lower than that pick, and people who aren't will go higher. A fifth rounder will end up being worth a first round pick (or seventh rounder, a la Colston). A top ten pick might end up being worth a seventh round pick or worse (think Sullivan, for whom the Saints traded up to #6 overall, yet was not worth drafting at all). It's all a gamble.

The trick, of course, is to identify who will be worth that pick, which is an extremely inexact science, to say the least.

So of course, someone will be worth the #10 pick. We may get him, but it might be in round six.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom