Will Anyone Be Worthy of the 10th Pick? (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For the past six weeks, I have been talking about which players in this draft are worthy of a top 10 selection. Sadly, the number of worthy players is less than 10.

Ellis will be gone before we pick. So will Dorsey unless there is a serious health concern. I personally question whether there is a defensive back, linebacker, receiver or tight end worthy of being picked at 10. Of course, the team's decision on Deuce may determine whether we might go running back in the first round. But right now we are looking at three possibilities at 10:

--Ryan Clady, because it is rare to have a shot at a legitimate left tackle prospect and he might be the top rated player on our board when we pick.

--Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, because his stock is soaring and the other cornerbacks leave something to be desired as far as going high in the first round.

--Keith Rivers, because we could use a Will linebacker though he reminds me of Mark Fields, though a tad smaller and a tad slower.

My hope? A player who gives us production regardless of position. If a team hits frequently on its picks in the first two rounds, it will do well in the long run (and probably in the short run because one never knows when injuries especially and free agency losses will hit).

My guess? A 50-50 chance we will trade out of 10--unless we pass on Deuce and are looking at running backs.

my feelings won't be hurt if Clady is there and the Saints take him, but with the top five teams needing desperate help on the O line, my thought is Clady will be gone.

Are you shocked by the DRC responses? Hilarious.

Clady makes sense. I would keep him at LT and move Jamaal Brown RT. He played RT at OU and I believe he will be more natural on that side.

However, I hope there is a defensive player worth the pick that we do not need to reach for.

It's a good point. There seems to be about 7 elite prospects in this draft that most agree are worthy of a top ten pick--Chris Long, Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, Darren McFadden, Matt Ryan, and Vernon Gholston. After those players, there's a lot of debate. Unless Ellis or Dorsey somehow falls to us, I'm not sure the player we select will truly be a top 10 worthy selection.

Anybody who comes in and makes this team better is worthy of the 10th pick. The draft is about improving your team --- not picking the most popular player.

What will be interesting is watching someone who is supposed to go in the top five start to slide and watch Saints fans excitement build as the draft gets closer to the #10 pick.

Someone slides nearly every year...

In my opinion we have to find someway to get Ellis or Dorsey. Just look at the Giants. They had Sam Madison, rookie Aaron Ross, and Corey Webster for corners. I mean, that's a good crew, but if you have a penetrating D-line then you dont need CB's that can run 4.3 40's. They gotta find a way to get good DT in my opinion that can free up Smith and Grant.

Whatever happened to Phillips? Wasn't he the favorite in January?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom