Will Benson / Loomis have the stones to get rid of Allen (1 Viewer)

You are correct. But Week 4 turns into Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, and so on.

They have to fix this stuff.
How is firing the head coach going to fix anything? Will it somehow fix our sluggish offense? Because until our offense takes itself out of the bottom third…the Saints aren’t going to be a frustrating team to watch…just like last season

How is firing the head coach going to fix anything? Will it somehow fix our sluggish offense? Because until our offense takes itself out of the bottom third…the Saints aren’t going to be a frustrating team to watch…just like last season
Where did I say fire the coach at?

I was all for hiring Allen because I believed he would maintain several important traits of the Sean Payton era. Unfortunately, he has not maintained two foundation pieces, one being accountability and the other being "trust your eyes". On the accountability front, Sean Payton would've already chewed Darren Rizzi's arse out and probably threatened to fire him for the way special teams has played this season. Same for Deonte Harty and Throckmorton. Regarding "trust your eyes", Dalton should have been the week 1 starter. Winston looked horrible in training camp and then did not play in the preseason. Anyone who attended Saints training camp practices saw that Dalton was the better QB. Yet, we trotted Winston out for 3 straight weeks, 2 of which he was hurt. Just dumb. Loomis canned Haslett, he's going to have a big decision at the end of this season regarding whether to can Allen.

Loomis was a safe hire to save face hoping that him being under Sean would rub off on him.
I totally understand their thinking though…a lot of companies promote from within. They know the staff already and our team was successful in the past with all of them. I would have thought our offense would have come out clicking….

Maybe new, young blood is what this team needs. We did it with Sean Payton bringing him in 16 years ago. Maybe the offense is stale and predictable now (it is). If they don’t start clicking Carmichael will be gone at the end of the year and we will have a new OC to try and save Allen’s skin.

This is not a rant directed at you, your post just made me think. Sometimes we get too comfortable and I think this coaching staff is very comfortable…reminds me of all the same guys on New Englands staff. Same ol’ same ol’…

I think Mrs. Benson will fire them though cause she has seen nothing but success with CSP mostly…

Well…you were responding to a thread saying fire Allen. That was the fix that was implied in the OP. What fix are you referring to?
A poster said it was only Week 4 and folks to relax on firing folks.
My response was that Week 4 turns into Week 5, and so on. The losses mount up.

Do you even trust Loomis to find the next franchise QB at this point? I sure as heck don't. That CJGJ trade looks more stupid every NFL week.

Last edited:
LOL the Saintsreport Posters football IQ

Getting rid of DA and the defense will improve?

DAs saint's defense is top 5 in the NFL

DA is THE BEST DEFENSIVE COACH IN THE NFL TODAY

**If DA is available as Defensive coordinator next year,

EVERY GM/HC , All 31 teams will fire their present DC to hire and give the highest DC pay to have DA run their team's defense

***ALL 31 teams will be fighting for him

Do you even trust Loomis to find the next franchise QB at this point? I sure as heck don't. That CJGJ trade looks more stupid every NFL week.
Loomis tried to trade for a franchise QB in the offseason. He’s definitely capable.

Lose a few close games to start the season post Payton and everyone thinks the FO is terrible all of a sudden.

Loomis tried to trade for a franchise QB in the offseason. He’s definitely capable.

Lose a few close games to start the season post Payton and everyone thinks the FO is terrible all of a sudden.
It's not all of a sudden, some people were not on board with hiring DA. A loss is a loss regardless of the score and we are last in the division.

I have decided that DA is the new reincarnation of Snidely Whiplash, much easier to fire Snidely than DA. Neither Carmichael (who looks like multiple sitcom shmoes) nor DA are comfortable which seems to have translated to some visible players. No is the answer as to whether Mrs B will pressure Loomis to make a move.

Do you even trust Loomis to find the next franchise QB at this point? I sure as heck don't.
Can’t really trust any GM or coach to draft a Franchise QB… it’s a crap shoot!

Miami toiled for decades after Marino left… Buffalo did the same after Kelly, until Allen arrived…

KC never really had one until now…

The Saints prior to Brees were just a rotation of sadness with sporadic mediocrity sprinkled in…

It’s a winning lottery ticket…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom