Will Brady’s comments about defensive players hurt him? (1 Viewer)

breesgirl

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So, for those who don’t know Brady essentially called defensive players less intellectual than offensive players. He equated them to “dogs chasing cars”.

This morning on First Thing’s First Demario was asked about those comments during his interview, and he basically said that although it was partly in jest, Brady may have to answer to his own Defense for his remarks. You could tell Demario didn’t care for it and not just because he’s an opponent. It’s because he knows how hard he and his fellow defensive players (regardless of team) study film, too. He named some of the premiere defensive players on the Buc’s team and said Tom would probably need to explain that to them.

I’m thinking that even though most defenders want to shut Tom down they will really be putting something extra on those hits after those dismissive comments. What do you all think about those comments and how defenders across the league may respond to it?

Brady knows if any defensive player breathes on him, they are getting penalized.

Also, big words from a guy who got outsmarted and outclassed in embarrassing fashion by Jonathan Vilma in 2009, who went on to call the defense against Peyton Manning in the Super Bowl and hold the Colts to 17 points.

I doubt the Saints pull something like that, but I could easily see a big man in the middle 'accidentally stumbling' onto Brady's ankles, maybe driving it down again while trying to get up. Or maybe some player goes full dirty and drives his collarbone(s) into the turf Anthony Barr-style.

Dem Juice Boyzz versus the "ageless" QB who I believe is obviously "juicing" somehow. When an athlete's physical performance at a much older age greatly exceeds the norm, there's almost always a reason. Just look at major league baseball in the past and Lance Armstrong. It appears to me that Tom's arm is stronger now than a few years ago. That has NEVER happened in NFL history and I have to wonder.

Dem Juice Boyzz versus the "ageless" QB who I believe is obviously "juicing" somehow. When an athlete's physical performance at a much older age greatly exceeds the norm, there's almost always a reason. Just look at major league baseball in the past and Lance Armstrong. It appears to me that Tom's arm is stronger now than a few years ago. That has NEVER happened in NFL history and I have to wonder.
Could be some artificial enhancements....but have you actually seen his diet & lifestyle? It is fairly extreme in order to be in peak physical condition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom