will brees beat tom bradys touchdown record in a season (1 Viewer)

CJL

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
do you think brees will throw over 50tds?

Well if he doesn't.... I'm coming back to you for making this thread!

:ezbill: Just kidding.

Heck, he is on pace to throw for a couple hundred, in all honesty I could see him pass Brady's record up.

Yes. Phi was the litmus test. 3 against them and it shows he can keep it up. Teams with a defense that is not as good will give up more.

Lets see what he does vs the three new york teams, especially the two in newyork newyork

At this point, hes on par for 72 in 16 games and 85.5 in 19 games. I don't think he'll get that many, but I DO think he has a fair shot at Brady's record.

i told a buddy a few weeks ago that I think Brees touchdown numbers would go up and his yardage numbers would lessen some, if the Saints D could get turnovers and give Brees more opportunities with a short field. So far that is how it is working out, but his yardage numbers are still up.

Brady/Manning game by game Td passes
1. 3 2
2. 6 4
3. 10 9
4. 13 11
5. 16 14
6. 21 17
7. 27 22
8. 30 26
9. 33 31
10. 38 35
11. 39 41
12. 41 44
13. 45 46
14. 45 47
15. 48 49
16. 50 49

Brady TD passes in a game
0TD-1
1TD-2
2TD-1
3TD-7
4TD-2
5TD-2
6TD-1

Manning TD passes by game
0TD-1
1TD-1
2TD-5
3TD-3
4TD-2
5TD-3
6TD-1

Great! now all you got to do Is scedule the Lions every other week and hope every game in between is against a first time starter :p

Naw but he is looking impressive. It'll be hard for him to do it but its not out of the question. The Pats had a pretty good defense that year as well that did a good job of setting Brady up. Not sure if your 09 team has that same swagger but maybe it also means that Brees will have to throw more often in shootout games.

Last edited:
The Saints are more like the 2004 colts in which they have a few shootouts this season, which will help pad Brees stats.

I dont want him to beat the TD record, I want him to beat him by having more Superbowl rings than him. TD record means NOTHING without a championship!

Great! now all you got to do Is scedule the Lions every other week and hope every game in between is against a first time starter :p

Naw but he is looking impressive. It'll be hard for him to do it but its not out of the question. The Pats had a pretty good defense that years as well that did a good job of setting Brady up. Not sure if your 09 team has that same swagger but maybe it also means that Brees will have to throw more often in shootout games.

What does a first time starter at qb have to do with Brees qb stats? And is a fan of a team that just played games against Pennington and Delhomme really discounting the QBs the Saints have played against?

I dont want him to beat the TD record, I want him to beat him by having more Superbowl rings than him. TD record means NOTHING without a championship!

I'm hoping he does it on his way to winning a SB ring...and MVP!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom