Will Bush Ever "BreakOut"? (1 Viewer)

YES.

because in the coming weeks, teams will stop focusing on stopping him because his production hasn't been there.

What does bush have to do with Brees and his receivers?

What does Bush have to do with Deuce getting positive yardage and bush getting negative yardage?

Is Bush REALLY a decoy in week 8?Are teams REALLY that scared of him after proving pretty much nothing as a RB?

Shouldn't RBs be productive to be feared?

Should $50 million RBs be excused for their poor running just because they do other things like return a few punts or catch a few passes?

Things that make you go Hmmm????

He needs to get stronger. He absolutely folds whenever he gets hit. He looks very soft to me. OTOH, watch Addai knock linebackers backwards.

What does bush have to do with Brees and his receivers?

What does Bush have to do with Deuce getting positive yardage and bush getting negative yardage?

Is Bush REALLY a decoy in week 8?Are teams REALLY that scared of him after proving pretty much nothing as a RB?

Shouldn't RBs be productive to be feared?

Should $50 million RBs be excused for their poor running just because they do other things like return a few punts or catch a few passes?

Things that make you go Hmmm????

The Bucs are in the locker room whooping it up about shutting Reggie down. If you don't think Bush opens up other avenues of the offense, well, that makes me go "Hmmmm."

what will happen when using him as a decoy doesn't work anymore?

Well....then he'll finally break out. Until teams stop focusing on him and gameplanning specifically for him, he's going to be bottled-up. Actually that's not entirely correct. Great players succeed even when focused on. Bush will "breakout" and produce "good" numbers but his "breakout" in the sense of becoming a "great" player is even further along. Bush has a lot to learn still.

But he's talented, a good kid, and we're still winning. So no pressure so far as i'm concerned. It'll come eventually

The Bucs are in the locker room whooping it up about shutting Reggie down. If you don't think Bush opens up other avenues of the offense, well, that makes me go "Hmmmm."

What avenues?What avenues does he open?

I mean it's week 8 and the guy has done nothing.EVERYONE has shut him down.Why would they be proud of shutting down an unproductive RB?

Reggie Bush was the second pick in the draft of a team that was 3-13 last year. While he may not have had a breakout game, he is playing on a team that is 6-2 and currently leads their division. He (Bush) is very much a part of that turnaround.

While I would like to see a breakout game and a lot of material for the highlight reel, I can't get over the fact that collectively a bunch of castoffs, late round picks and marquis players have all come together and assumed a role that put us where we are today. As a long time suffering fan, I am just sitting here enjoying the whole thing. Reggie Bush's day will come, but until then, I am going to enjoy this ride.

Bush needs to swallow his pride and realize that Barry Sanders he is not, and this isn't the PAC-10. He is going to have to radically change his run philosophy. Unfortunately, old habits are hard to break, and I don't think we're going to see much exciting until next year.

Yeh it would be nice if Bush had these great highlights all the time, but to be honest, I'm happier with this team not being solely focused on Reggie Bush. Bush is a part of the offense, not the offense, like another first round running back was and we know how that turned out.

We need to let Reggie come along and progess, the truth is, this is Drew Bress' team, and Colston is the playmaker.

Do you all think Bush will eventually get frustrated & feels he's not being used correctly? If his breakout game never comes do yall see him asking for a trade?

Last edited:
Tampa did put Reggie's photo in their locker room

not Duece's, or Colston's, or Bress', or...

that is a fact.

Bush will learn how to run inside, but that is Duece's job for now.

Great game, great plan, great execution, great Sunday!

I know what's wrong with reggie.

He needs the S (ok, 5) back on his jersey. Once that happens, he'll be Superman again.

:p

People keep saying Bush will break out when teams stop focusing on him.

But as a premiere running back in the league you will always be focused upon.
Do you think LT, or Larry Johnson doesn't get gameplanned against, that's why they are doing so well?

When teams stop focusing on Bush is when they're telling us he is not a threat. (at least as a running back )

Im very excited about our season and win but just trying to look at it objectively and from a different perspective. I want Bush to succeed as much as everyone else.

What's funny is if Reggie would have just run it where the play was designed instead of talking about his deficiencies we'd be talking about how awful our run-blocking is. Reggie definately pops it to the outside too much, but he's not bouncing it out for no reason, there's nothing there.

He doesn't seem willing to let the defense win on a play. Until he understands and accepts that the D will win sometimes, he will continue to try to break runs when nothing is there.

IMO, the worst thing that could have happened to him did when we played Tenn. in preseason and he changed directions for a 40 yard gain....that play set him back mentally!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom