Will Cam Newton be able to handle adversity? (1 Viewer)

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
IMHO the key to winning this game is frustrating Cam and getting him rattled so he overthrows and plays poorly. He is an extremely immature and iffy QB, so If we our defense get's on to him, limits his runs and forces him to pass all day - then we have better than 50% chance of winning this game

So all we have to do is the one thing we haven't been able to do all year on defense, make a quarterback uncomfortable - and this one's mobile. Got it.

Good thought, and I agree. But we're going to have to get a herculean effort from our d-line to make Newton antsy.

For what it's worth, I think the biggest key to the game is going to be the matchup of Brees vs. Kuechly. Kuechly and Davis always give us fits both in the run and passing game, so Brees is going to have to be very accurate and find ways to manipulate Kuechly out of the action. I think we'll be able to have success with Snead, Cooks, and Thomas against their corners down the field, but we're going to need to give them time to get there. We'll need some intermediate passing and/or solid running to slow down the pass rush, and that's where the chess match between Brees and Kuechly will be played.

I'm pretty sure he can handle adversity. Between his achievements at the college and pro level he's got enough skins on the wall. I'm no fan of his but his numbers against us, especially if you look how he thumped us twice last year, pretty much speak for themself. Beating his team is more about us changing our ways and figuring out how to apply pressure to not just him, but everyone we play.

IMHO the key to winning this game is frustrating Cam and getting him rattled so he overthrows and plays poorly. He is an extremely immature and iffy QB, so If we our defense get's on to him, limits his runs and forces him to pass all day - then we have better than 50% chance of winning this game

The better question is can the Saints provide a pass rush for the first time in recent history.

I'm pretty sure he can handle adversity. Between his achievements at the college and pro level he's got enough skins on the wall. I'm no fan of his but his numbers against us, especially if you look how he thumped us twice last year, pretty much speak for themself. Beating his team is more about us changing our ways and figuring out how to apply pressure to not just him, but everyone we play.

The Saints were in both those games last year (one without Brees) with a chance to win both games so I don't see where the thumping took place.

I've said it so many times that the Panthers were EXTREMELY lucky last season and the way their season is going somewhat proves it!! Cam has been concussed since week one when the Broncos beat on him like a pinata and his play is showing it but the NFL wants their marquee players on the field!! The shot he took a couple of weeks ago will linger.............concussions don't just go away.

If the Saints can get to him early and hit him a few times he can and will get rattled!!

No matter what he thinks and what the people around him say he's not superman!!

Is this a question? we know the answer NO, never has, big baby that dresses like a girl

In my opinion, Cam is all about Cam. He can handle personal adversity. What separates Cam from the elite is who he is when things are not going Carolina's way. He is not a leader of men. If we create chaos early, we will see the old Cam. Hanging his head, alone with a towel over his head Cam. I didn't see it happening this soon, to be honest. I thought that it would start once the Panthers had to deal with cap issues.

To answer the question, no Cam can't handle adversity. The issue the Saints will have is trying to create difficult situations that could cause adversity. Many QBs fold under pressure when they are put in difficult situations, that's why one of my favorite sayings from an old Senior Chief in the Navy is "Pressure Busts Pipes". Unfortunately we have a difficult time trying to consistently put pressure on opposing QBs, the only QB we put regular pressure on is Brees!!!!

So all we have to do is the one thing we haven't been able to do all year on defense, make a quarterback uncomfortable - and this one's mobile. Got it.

Good thought, and I agree. But we're going to have to get a herculean effort from our d-line to make Newton antsy.
I'll be very surprised if he's mobile at all...assuming he even starts. But who knows, maybe he's even dumber than we think.

Cam can handle adversity in little bursts...but he can't handle a full game of it. Or losing for that matter. Cam is lights out as long as he is winning. His first years in the NFL showed his true side when he couldn't win. Then the Panthers started winning and suddenly we got to see the happy-go-lucky Cam that became the poster child for the NFL. Then during and after the Superbowl last year we got to see the real Cam again.

Saints need to start fast on offense and get a few early stops on defense.
The Panthers don't play well from behind.

I would call them two wins a thumping at all our D just couldn't stop them when needed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom