Will Colston cool down? (1 Viewer)

I still say that Dev Hen should start at #2 and let Colston work the slot. Depending on how tough he is, he could be a dangerous slot WR with that frame.

I disagree. I think Colston is best at #1 or #2. He has better hands, period. He also creates matchup problems for just about anyone he goes up against, whereas Devery's speed creates bigger mismatches against linebackers, safeties, and nickel/dime backs.

He's a intregal part of the Offense. He has sure hands and runs sharp routes so unless (Heaven forbid) he suffers an injury he'll continue to produce. One of the main reasons I believe he stays productive is he's on a team with many weapons, Deuce, Bush, Horn, Karney, Stecker etc., etc. Teams are so focused on stopping Deuce, Bush, and Horn they don't focus on Colston. He kills single coverage. Even if the DB gets good position on him it doesn't matter, Colston's 6' 4" 230 lb. frame and huge hands allow him to block out the DB and still make the reception. We saw against the Panther that he possesses deceptive speed. He should just keep getting better and better.....

If he does it won't indicate a lack of a great future..remember rookies tend to peter out a little bit towards the end of their rookie seasons due to the length of the season in comparison to college....

dare I say, Colston is the next Terrel Owens. Notice I didn't say TO. With more years and coaching, he will be one of the top tier WR in the league in the next three years. Now Who Dat?

I think all rookies 'hit the wall' around game 12 or 13. They just have not had a chance to take the physical abuse and prepare themselves for the mental challanges that they didnt have in a college season.

The emergence...if you can call it that of pro bowler...of Horn over the last few games should mitigate any impact to the offense when we get to December.

Well he did cool down a bit this year. Hopefully that's just a slow recovery from the injury.

wow this thread is from the grave! Colston is awesome!

atleast he used the search feature..

there's many times when people post and everybody gets on them about there already being so many threads on the subject already, so he did just what everyone wants someone posting to do :hihi:

I definitely think that the injuries took a toll on #12 this year. My only gripe about his style of play is that he always seems to take a lot of hits. But definitely one of the best 7th round picks in a long time.

BTW, if not for the injuries, I suspect that we would have saw a lot of plays like the one he made in the preseason against the Texans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr0rheIL7v0

He's actually having a solid season despite missing a bunch of games. The drops have hurt but he has 637 yards through 10 games and just 5 starts. That's 63.7 yards a game or 1019 in a full season. While that would be his worst total since his rookie year, you have to consider that with the injury and all, he has been able to still put pretty credible numbers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom