Will DB Jackson out LSU get drafted... (2 Viewers)

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
...in the late 1st or early 2nd rd? He would be a great fit for the Saints will their 2nd rd pick. The scheme that LSU played on defense was a lot of man to man and I remember him holding his own a lot against very speedy WR's in the SEC. We play a lot of man to man and he would fit our defense nicely. Any thoughts?

Depends on what he runs. Word is that he is not a speedster at all. Most are expecting high 4.5 40 from him. If he comes out and runs a high 4.4 instead, he will probably be a second rounder.

Weren't his combine 40s slow? I think so, and thats going to force him to slip. I'd love to be able to grab him if he slides down because people are more fascinated with 40 times than game film :cool:

I'd take him in the third. He was good at LSU and one of my favorite players for them. I don't care about his 40 time, he is a decent shutdown corner. Jason David runs a better 40 time, but I can't even imagine Chevis getting burnt as much as JD. (Just basing this off of what I saw him do at LSU.)

id rather zenon.

Zenon was nowhere near the corner that Chevis Jackson was. I can't deny though, Zenon knew how to jump the intermediate hook routes. Other than that, he was average, while Chevis Jackson was shutdown.

With that said, I wouldn't take Jackson until the 3rd round. I'd rather a LB and DT in rounds 1 and 2.

I think he falls into the third. I also believe that he'll be more adept for playing in a cover-2 scheme. Now, we could go that route if we could add more speed at WLB. But as of right now, he would not totally fit our scheme.

Steltz did make many highlight reel hits but... He gave up 3 home runs against Arkansas which cost LSU the game. And... In the championship game he gave up a home run early and was benched. Hence LSU came back and won easily against Ohio St. And I know all about having a stinger and stuff.

Steltz did make many highlight reel hits but... He gave up 3 home runs against Arkansas which cost LSU the game. And... In the championship game he gave up a home run early and was benched. Hence LSU came back and won easily against Ohio St. And I know all about having a stinger and stuff.

He had a leg injury.

Steltz said that he played hurt after the 2nd game of the year.

Patriots fans are already eying Jackson in the 3rd round. He will probably be a very good starting caliber pro and for the Patriots to get him with such a late pick would be very much history repeating itself. I think I read here on sr.com that Mike D thinks Jackson is the best LSU corner to come out in 20 years, which definitely means he should be a good starter for the Saints. I hope we get him in the 3rd.

:redx:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom