Will Devery play? (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why no love for Devery? Just because he only caught 3 passes all day against the Bucs is no reason to leave him out.
scsm off/ good to see you live up to expectations kiddo. the sky is the limit.

I like what Drew said... this team hasn't even scratched the surface... just keep working to get better----- what more could you want.

No matter Sunday's outcome. Try hard play hard and i'm ok.

What so he isn't going to play this week?

What so he isn't going to play this week?

I'm sure he will be. It's a sarcastic thread that alludes to last week and the week before that and the year before that. The one last week was particularly extensive on probable reasons that he wasn't receiving playing time. Reasons that ran the gamut on why- whether it was : scared to death, in the coach's dog house, couldn't remember the play, couldn't hold on to the ball etc.- when it actually was THIS:

"I think the feeling was, 'Hey, we want to develop a guy like him and work with a guy like him,' " Payton said of the 5-foot-11, 200-pound Henderson. "The first thing is, he's a player that can run. And I think it's important to him, he's worked hard at it.
"He's a hard worker, and I just think as he's gotten more reps, he's become a little bit more confident in what he's doing."
Henderson had a great offseason, earning solid reviews from Payton along the way. But once training camp started, he suffered a setback, struggling with dropped passes for the first few weeks.

Payton and quarterback Drew Brees have continued to show confidence in him. All last week during practices, Henderson said Payton kept saying the deep sideline throw designed for him would result in a touchdown.
"He called it," said Henderson, who caught two deep touchdown passes against the Buccaneers, a 52-yarder and a 45-yarder. "He had enough confidence in me to go make that play. That's a good thing."

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-27/1163141965296570.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

Last edited:
I'm sure he will be. It's a sarcastic thread that alludes to last week and the week before that and the year before that. The one last week was particularly extensive on probable reasons that he wasn't receiving playing time. Reasons that ran the gambit on why- whether it was : scared to death, in the coach's dog house, couldn't remember the play, couldn't hold on to the ball etc.- when it actually was THIS:

"I think the feeling was, 'Hey, we want to develop a guy like him and work with a guy like him,' " Payton said of the 5-foot-11, 200-pound Henderson. "The first thing is, he's a player that can run. And I think it's important to him, he's worked hard at it.
"He's a hard worker, and I just think as he's gotten more reps, he's become a little bit more confident in what he's doing."
Henderson had a great offseason, earning solid reviews from Payton along the way. But once training camp started, he suffered a setback, struggling with dropped passes for the first few weeks.

Payton and quarterback Drew Brees have continued to show confidence in him. All last week during practices, Henderson said Payton kept saying the deep sideline throw designed for him would result in a touchdown.
"He called it," said Henderson, who caught two deep touchdown passes against the Buccaneers, a 52-yarder and a 45-yarder. "He had enough confidence in me to go make that play. That's a good thing."

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-27/1163141965296570.xml&coll=1&thispage=2

no no, didnt your read saint31 's post! he's not professional.... you know you have to take saint31's opinion on it. He is clearly on the coaching staff and not just some guy making sthit up on a message board

JD@T-pic says it about as well as one could:

The theme of the story is to have patience.

You know, that thing all of us wish we had more of, with our children, with our friends, with our second-round draft picks. The lack of which led some of us, present company included, to what appears to be the premature roasting of Devery Henderson on an open fire.

Apparently, all he needed was a little time and opportunity to develop into the kind of NFL player the Saints hoped he might be when they picked him No. 50 overall in 2004.

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-27/1164697126124640.xml&coll=1

Guitarzan, is that Katherine Heigl in your avatar? Man, she's the main reason I watch "Grey's Anatomy"!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom