Will Goodell Dare Massive Penalties on Saints Players? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
With the gross severity of the penalties so far, does Goodell have the nerve to try and totally cripple the Saints in 2012 by handing down long suspensions to a large number of our defensive players? It's mentioned elsewhere that over 20 players have been mentioned. That seems way high. But he could potentially go after Smith, Sed, Vilma, Shanle, Greer, Harper and Jenkins. Goodell cannot be happy about our conversations with Parcell's.

And do you think Parcell's will sign until he knows which players and how long they will be suspended?

I think he knows he done way too much already. No way he goes after too many players because the NFLPA wouldn't stand for it.

Luckily in this case, we have the union on our side. And the NFL does not enjoy union disputes. But I don't think Goodell gives a rats *** whether the public thinks he has overstretched on the penalties.

I however think Who Dat Nation blowing up his phone is having an effect. His quotes today seemed tired of the unending "support". =)

Luckily in this case, we have the union on our side. And the NFL does not enjoy union disputes. But I don't think Goodell gives a rats *** whether the public thinks he has overstretched on the penalties.

I however think Who Dat Nation blowing up his phone is having an effect. His quotes today seemed tired of the unending "support". =)

It's a good point about the union. The entire language from Goodell is the wrongdoings of the people in charge. As we know, this all about the inevitable multi-billion class action law suit from the former players. Hopefully Goodell will take the position that players were just good troops doing what their evil coaches ordered them to do. Vilma sounds like the only one who "must" take a bullet cause of his involvement and he was a captain

I'm bracing for the worst. I have a feeling the suspensions will be anywhere between 2 and 8 games for some of players. It'll be like watching The Replacements, except instead of Keanu leading our team, we'll fortunately still have our amazing offense in place.

....And if we're still winning midway through the season, Goodell will find a way to implicate some offensive players by midseason.

I would think, players who regularly donated to the pot of money, or donated large sums, would get the brunt of the punishment. I can't see where they will be able to prove a player actually intended to hurt another player.

I would be surprised if its anything over 2 weeks , he doesn't have the same autonomy with players that he does with coaches. Of course , I was "surprised" about the coach suspensions, so who knows with this maniac.

In his comments he said that the player suspensions would be less severe. He also said that they would be staggered to as not to introduce a competitive disadvantage to the Saints (as if he hasn't already done that). So take that for what it's worth. I personally take it with a grain of salt until I actually see the penalties.

While leaving a precise timetable unwritten, Goodell gave himself more time to consider the proper punishment for players and who he might stagger suspensions so as to preserve the competitive balance on which the NFL prides itself. In addition, Goodell said he understands that with Payton's suspension beginning on April 1 and the draft coming at the end of April, he needs to move quickly on the player punishments so the Saints can make their required personnel decisions.

Link

It's funny that Sean Payton is the one that lied (allegedly), but God-ell is the one that can't be trusted. Irony.

swimmer is duncan right? why do you blow us up to get hits on your columns? It kinda pained me reading some of the things you wrote.... in which alot of it was assumptions with no facts. I don't think you should be a beat writer for the New Orleans Saints any longer.

Does the Judge Dredd of the NFL "dare" to do something? Surely ye jest, lol.

I'll call my shot:

Vilma: 8 games.
Everyone else: less than 10 players, 1 or 2 games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom