Will Jameis pay Lutz for jersey #3 or go with #5? (1 Viewer)

players with less importance on a team are generally asked to give up their number. So Lutz should not be giving anything to Winston.

Lutz has tweeted that he would be willing to give up his #3 for the right price. Players often buy their old number from a new teammate when they change teams if it is already taken, especially if they have used that number their entire career. It's sort of a recognition or brand thing, like Tom Brady wearing #12, which he will use in Tampa. He was able to get Chris Godwin to give it up without having to pay him for it.

Last edited:
Don't be backing down -- he should demand number 12 and we should let him wear it.

Lutz has tweeted that he would be willing to give up his #3 for the right price. Players often buy their old number from a new teammate when they change teams if it is already taken, especially if they have used that number their entire career. It's sort of a recognition or brand thing, like Tom Brady wearing #12, which he will use in Tampa. He was able to get Chris Godwin to give it up without having to pay him for it.

i would too. Average kickers make good livings but they aren’t really setting themselves up for early retirement. It’s just the matter of the how much. Money should be the only factor in this one. Not fan expectations

Winston needs to accept whatever number he’s given. Lutz earned and deserves his number. If Winston really wants it Lattimore has it give him a holla.

How much is a number going for these days? I always thought it was traded for respect. Lutz def shouldn’t just give it up but I’m curious how much he would get...any realistic guesses?

Will Lutz has tweeted that his jersey #3 could be available to Jameis Winston for the right price. Winston used #3 while in Tampa but was #5 in college at Florida State. Since Teddy Bridgewater used #5 with us, but is no longer here, it is now available. Just wondering if Winston wants to pay Lutz to stay with #3, or go to #5, or maybe get a different number?
new team new number change.

OMG NO! You don't mess with anything remotely related with a successful kicker. You just don't. I love Lutz, but all kickers have an extra neuron just waiting to short out.

OMG NO! You don't mess with anything remotely related with a successful kicker. You just don't. I love Lutz, but all kickers have an extra neuron just waiting to short out.
Same thing I was thinking. Don't mess with successful kickers.

I'd be willing to bet Jameis wants a fresh start anyway. Going back to 5, which he was highly successful with in college, just makes sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom