Will Lacy be a better pro than Ingram and Richardson? (1 Viewer)

Ingram is an average running back at best.

- he can't catch out of the backfield
- he can't pick up a block

it was a wasted draft pick.....

Richardson is better than him by leaps and bounds....

Lacy will probably be as well...

This is why i started a tread about Ivory vs Ingram.....and who would you keep!

I wouldn't draft any Alabama runningback in the first round. They are overhyped because the team is good and Alabama always has adominant offensive line so it's hard to see their flaws.

Trent Richardson is garbage- 3.6ypc
Mark Ingram is garbage 3.9 yc
Eddie Lacy will be garbage

I really like ingram but people are so hard on him what do you expect he is on a pass first team and nit to mention he has to share with 3 other runningbacks cut him some slack
I'd cut him some slack if he'd stop running into the backs of the O-line, gaining that tough 1 yard per carry.

I wouldn't draft any Alabama runningback in the first round. They are overhyped because the team is good and Alabama always has adominant offensive line so it's hard to see their flaws.

Trent Richardson is garbage- 3.6ypc
Mark Ingram is garbage 3.9 yc
Eddie Lacy will be garbage
UFAC6Gu.gif

I'd cut him some slack if he'd stop running into the backs of the O-line, gaining that tough 1 yard per carry.

I would have cut him some slack as well. It goes to show you that the O-Line at Alabama was built for the "run" first. Here in New Orleans our O-Line is built for the "Pass" first.

- If Ingram doesn't have a gaping hole he is lost; he has "no" field vision. That is why he runs into the backs of our O-Line. That = average back. Nothing special about Ingram at all.

Think of it this way...:. Had the Saints not spent their 2012 1st round pick to swap for the Ingram pick, Goodell would have just taken it instead of our 2nd round pick. Did the Saints know that when they pulled the trigger for the draft day trade???? No, but it seems like it worked out.

I would have rather had Ingram then Goodell steal that pick. Just saying....

Anyone that says Richardson is garbage hasn't actually watched him play.

The Browns had zero passing game and used him as a battering ram behind an average at best O-line. The dude is an absolute player at RB and showed it last year. Add 51 catches to his production last season as well.

Anyone that says Richardson is garbage hasn't actually watched him play.

The Browns had zero passing game and used him as a battering ram behind an average at best O-line. The dude is an absolute player at RB and showed it last year. Add 51 catches to his production last season as well.

It's obvious he is more talented. But Ingram shouldn't be a battering ram as Richardson is currently.

Ingram 71.5% yards after contact
Richardson 58% yards after contact.

It's tough to show anything when you are fighting off tacklers prior to the LOS. Ingram's indecision and hesitation makes that even worse.

Ivory's YAC is upwards of 87% which is insane and absolutely unacceptable from a blocking perspective. None of our backs should be going through the amount of contact a Richardson has to go through to get positive yardage.

Back to Lacy, I'm not a fan at all, he'd be third in the recent bama back list for me. Yeldon? Yeah, I'll take him in a heartbeat in 2 years.

I have a feeling this year Sean Payton is about to light a bonfire under Ingrams rear end.

I don't like Lacy at all, he reminded me of Turner. A couple for 20-30 yarders but plenty 2-3 yarders. I think Ingram is better, but Yeldon will be better than both. What a player.

To me

Richardson
Yeldon
Ingram
Lacy

Lacy may be marginally better than Ingram, but neither seems a superior back. Richardson is clearly the most talented on the three, though in today's NFL he was drafted too high.

T-Rich is a BEAST. I'd take Lacy over Ingram, but it would be close; I'd take TJ Yeldon RIGHT NOW over Ingram or Lacy.

I don't understand why everyone is do hard on Ingram!! He's on a pass happy team where our qb is starting to make 5000 yards look like its easy we had 5 rbs on the ACTIVE roster last year and he was our leading rusher 600+ yards that's pretty freaking amazing if you ask me. So to answer your question NO

He didn't wake the f--- up until Ivory showed out. INGRAM is a product of Bama's Oline. Lacy has elusiveness, Ingram doesn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom