Will Lacy be a better pro than Ingram and Richardson? (1 Viewer)

He didn't wake the f--- up until Ivory showed out. INGRAM is a product of Bama's Oline. Lacy has elusiveness, Ingram doesn't.

This is what i expressed in my thread about Ivory vs Ingram.

Ivory is a better back than Ingram....It's proven!

The Organization doesn't want to look stupid; so they will try to force feed us Ingram but it hasn't worked. It will never work because Ingram has to have a RUN blocking O-Line in front of him. :scratch:

Ingram can't run over or thru tacklers in the NFL. But Ivory and Thomas can...

Ive read several websites stating that Lacy may end up being a better RB in the NFL than Ingram and Richardson both.

What are some of your thoughts on that? Lacy is most definitely a beast and hes faster than I realized too.

Not better than Richardson.

This is what i expressed in my thread about Ivory vs Ingram.

Ivory is a better back than Ingram....It's proven!

The Organization doesn't want to look stupid; so they will try to force feed us Ingram but it hasn't worked. It will never work because Ingram has to have a RUN blocking O-Line in front of him. :scratch:

Ingram can't run over or thru tacklers in the NFL. But Ivory and Thomas can...

Mark Ingram was better last year than Ivory. Ivory had one incredible run, you take that one play out, he had less yards per carry than Ingram.

Mark Ingram was better last year than Ivory. Ivory had one incredible run, you take that one play out, he had less yards per carry than Ingram.

If Vernon Davis didn't burn us for a TD we'd probably have two Lombardi trophies.

Actually, this is still false. Take away Ivory's 56 yard TD run and he still averages 4.13 ypc. Mark Ingram average 3.9 ypc.

However, if you want to play that game lets play it fairly. Take away Ingram's biggest run and his YPC average drops to 3.68.

Also, taking away a big run from a back that only had 40 carries has more impact than taking away the biggest run from a back that had 156 carries.

Even when you guys try to play the if game Ivory is still better than Ingram.

Actually, this is still false. Take away Ivory's 56 yard TD run and he still averages 4.13 ypc. Mark Ingram average 3.9 ypc.

However, if you want to play that game lets play it fairly. Take away Ingram's biggest run and his YPC average drops to 3.68.

Also, taking away a big run from a back that only had 40 carries has more impact than taking away the biggest run from a back that had 156 carries.

Even when you guys try to play the if game Ivory is still better than Ingram.[/QUOTE

Good points fellas, my thing is that he hasn't shown anything until Ivory busted onto the scene.

Even when you guys try to play the if game Ivory is still better than Ingram.

You're right, the comparison I was thinking of was when you took out the short yardage carries. Specifically Mark Ingram had a 4.5 YPC on 1st and 10, by contrast Ivory averaged 4.1 YPC. Ingrams 4.5 does include his 39 yard run, but even if you pulled that outlier out he still ran slightly better, 4.11 YPC (now we're knitpicking).

Overall, Ivory was just not that much more effective than Ingram in my opinion. He had a spectacular run, but most people are remembering his 2010 season I believe more-so than anything else. That and his running style, which certainly does look impressive, he's such a violent runner. Of course, he then spends much of the season hurt.

Our run game was pretty bad last year in general. It affected all runners.

Good points fellas, my thing is that he hasn't shown anything until Ivory busted onto the scene.

Ivory "burst onto the scene" in 2010 when Mark Ingram was still playing at Alabama.

Just because we're a "pass first" team, doesn't mean our RB should suck. Ingram is average.

None of our current RBs have ever had a 1000 yard season. Sproles never rushed for more than 350 yards in a season until his 1st year with the Saints, and that was the only year. Thomas only has 2 years under his belt that have more rushing yards than Ingram had this past season... and yet our leading rusher needs to be cut/traded? Yeah makes sense.

In 2 seasons, Ingram already has 1/3 the rushing yards PT has for his entire career.

Lacy will only be better than Ingram on this forum as long as he wasn't drafted by us.

I think the problem with this comparison is that people are looking at Ingram now (getting way less carries than he really needs) to Lacy. Ingram is in a less than ideal situation being on a pass first/pass second team with 3 other good running backs. Ingram is one of those backs who needs about 20 touches a game to completely get into his rhythm and maximize his effectiveness. Even in college, this was the case with him. Ingram was better than Lacy in college, and if given the opportunities/touches, will be better than Lacy is as pro.

Richardson, on the other hand, is better than both of them.

Overall, Ivory was just not that much more effective than Ingram in my opinion. He had a spectacular run, but most people are remembering his 2010 season I believe more-so than anything else. .

No doubt we remember the 2010 season. It isn't like he got washed up since then, He is 24 years old. The only thing he has gained is some experience since 2010. Last season he wasn't the same back at times but that is only because he wasn't getting enough carries so was looking to hit the home run when he should have just put his head down and got 4 yards. I'm not guessing at this either, you could see the frustration when he came in the game and got his first touch just before the half, would get one carry with no running room but try to change direction and just do too much then would get called off the field and he was annoyed and showed it. I honestly can't blame the guy. Injuries is Ivory's only big issue but if we are going to carry the guy on the roster then we should use him when he is healthy.

As for Lacy, I actually think he is going to be the best pro out of all of them. I love the balance, huge array of moves, his combination of speed/power/agility and the way he runs through arm tackles. I think Yeldon will be the best back to come out of Alabama since Alexander and Yeldon would make an impact at the NFL this year if he was eligible.

None of our current RBs have ever had a 1000 yard season. Sproles never rushed for more than 350 yards in a season until his 1st year with the Saints, and that was the only year. Thomas only has 2 years under his belt that have more rushing yards than Ingram had this past season... and yet our leading rusher needs to be cut/traded? Yeah makes sense.

In 2 seasons, Ingram already has 1/3 the rushing yards PT has for his entire career.

Lacy will only be better than Ingram on this forum as long as he wasn't drafted by us.

Ingram career YPC: 3.9
Thomas career YPC: 4.8

Your argument is silly.

For funsies
Ivory: 5.1
Sproles 5.2 (6.2 ypc with the Saints)

If Vernon Davis didn't burn us for a TD we'd probably have two Lombardi trophies.

If Ingram scores from the 1 yard line opening night in GB, that niner game is likely in the dome where we win handily.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom