Will Lacy be a better pro than Ingram and Richardson? (1 Viewer)

If Ingram scores from the 1 yard line opening night in GB, that niner game is likely in the dome where we win handily.

Pretty sure he was hit immediately in the backfield at the handoff.

Superman wouldn't of scored there. Valid arguments are made dumb when examples like this are used.

Pretty sure he was hit immediately in the backfield at the handoff.

Superman wouldn't of scored there. Valid arguments are made dumb when examples like this are used.

Erroneous.

Go watch the tape.

he runs right into a wall at the goalline as if preprogrammed....no instinct no thought no nothing just a straight run...

and he wasnt hit in backfield, he was was hit right at line by 3 guys jumping from the lb spot as he was completely oblivious...

Yeah but he doesnt play with drew brees and he actually faces 8&9 man fronys unlike ingram.
well thats just not true, did you see hopw predictable our playclling was last year? ingram faced plenty of run blitzes, not sure ive ever seen 9 n the box aside from goal line defenses but certainly much more 8 man boxes than any other rb on this team.

Erroneous.

Go watch the tape.

he runs right into a wall at the goalline as if preprogrammed....no instinct no thought no nothing just a straight run...

and he wasnt hit in backfield, he was was hit right at line by 3 guys jumping from the lb spot as he was completely oblivious...
did you want im to bounce it? the line got no push there and goalline runs are supposed to be straight our line just got worked over

did you want im to bounce it? the line got no push there and goalline runs are supposed to be straight our line just got worked over

It was a give up play. We had no chance with ingram. He's not a good instinctive runner, adn the other team will just overload and stop him.

Good backs will adjust and make cuts to the vulnerable areas.

Maybe he's was too young for that situation, which begs the question why did we use him? Still I haven't seen much growth in 2 yrs.

I expect a power back if he's met at the goalline to push himself him....and not be stopped by a lb who starts jumping before the ball is snapped and just happens to land on ingram...

Erroneous.

Go watch the tape.

I don't need to go watch him.

In your specific example, he had zero chance and no back in the NFL would of had a chance on it. You can make plenty of arguments about Ingram's shortcomings without bringing up plays that were 100% not his fault or in his control.

On that particular play there was no possibility of any cutback that could of succeeded.

It was a give up play. We had no chance with ingram. He's not a good instinctive runner, adn the other team will just overload and stop him.

Maybe he's was too young for that situation, which begs the question why did we use him? Still I haven't seen much growth in 2 yrs.

I expect a power back if he's met at the goalline to push himself him....and not be stopped by a lb who starts jumping before the ball is snapped and just happens to land on ingram...
ingram is easily our best short yardage back, the lb that jumped just happened to be Clay Matthews, do you not think that guy works out or what? that play was all on the blockers, they didnt do anything, there wasnt a lane to find the play wasnt a gimme the 2 before that were passes right from the one or something like that? should have been 3 runs our offense was way too soft last year, too much passing

on that play literally the guy who stopped him jumped at the snap of the ball. if ingram just paused 1/2 sec and let him fall he might had a better chance by walking over him....
it's playcalling more at fault though...but we did send a lamb to slaughter by lions....

but hey there are many better plays that show his ineptitude.

on that play literally the guy who stopped him jumped at the snap of the ball. if ingram just paused 1/2 sec and let him fall he might had a better chance by walking over him....
it's playcalling more at fault though...but we did send a lamb to slaughter by lions....

are you being serious right now? pause and let him fall? really? WOW! OK! In madden that works

That's just silly and you are just reaching. There was much more penetration on that play then one guy who jumped at the snap. It was dead at the handoff no matter what he did.

So point those out instead. I'll probably even agree with you.

You're right, the comparison I was thinking of was when you took out the short yardage carries. Specifically Mark Ingram had a 4.5 YPC on 1st and 10, by contrast Ivory averaged 4.1 YPC. Ingrams 4.5 does include his 39 yard run, but even if you pulled that outlier out he still ran slightly better, 4.11 YPC (now we're knitpicking).

Overall, Ivory was just not that much more effective than Ingram in my opinion. He had a spectacular run, but most people are remembering his 2010 season I believe more-so than anything else. That and his running style, which certainly does look impressive, he's such a violent runner. Of course, he then spends much of the season hurt.

Our run game was pretty bad last year in general. It affected all runners.

Ivory "burst onto the scene" in 2010 when Mark Ingram was still playing at Alabama.
My bad (''burst'') , I was referencing last year when Ivory played extremely well.

what has Richardson done exactly?

You have to actually go watch him.

YPC doesn't tell the story on him. He faced constant stacked boxes, was their only offense to speak of, and also caught 51 passes for 400 yards out of the backfield.

Richardson is a beast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom