Will Legislators seek Revenge On Gov. Jindal in the Regular Session March 31? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Will Legislators seek Revenge On Gov. Piyush Jindal in the Regular Session March 31?

Since during this special ethic session most of the bills to restrict legislators from their usual business practices such as being restricted to $50 meal tickets and barring them from going to special events through accepting free tickets for Saints, LSU games, etc. Also their campaign finance has to be disclosed as well. One thing that has them peeved is that Jindals Office has seem to be exempt from this. Members of the legislature express disdain of the Governor because their efforts of making the Governors office more "Transparent" through bill's they have introduced that have been squashed by members of the administration. Also when the bills were squashed the bill's authors amended it to other bills to get it pushed through were also met with defeat. Why is Jindal doing this. Shouldn't all offices that the taxpayers pay for be made accessible to for the purpose to know what is going on behind closed doors. Jindal said when he ran that Ethics would be number one and all citizens would be informed on what the politicians do that they elect and if they get out of hand and break the law they are gone. Shouldn't Jindal be held in that category as well? Isn't that why we voted for him and that platform? So here is what we have now. Jindal has authority in this special session ,that he called, to do whatever he wants with these bills. But in the regular session he is off limits and can't do anything. So will the Legislature seek revenge on him and hand him a bad hand for restricting them on the way they conduct themselves by enacting limitations on them when they do business while Jindal gets a pass and is left non transparent along with his staff? What do you think and isn't this a change of pace? :9: .

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080224/NEWS01/802240307/1002

Last edited:
This state has no place to go but up. We are ranked 50th i believe? in the nation. a city that needs to be rebuilt but i still think jindal has to make weekly speeches to try to force the house and senate to do something.

This state has no place to go but up. We are ranked 50th i believe? in the nation. a city that needs to be rebuilt but i still think jindal has to make weekly speeches to try to force the house and senate to do something.
What about him on exempting his office and staff from ethics laws while the local legislatures are held accountable? Shouldn't Jindal be held accountable as well? In other words from the top down. People said that Blancos administration failed from the top down.

jindal needs to be held accountable. i get a sense of he might be trying to align himself with a presidential run in a few years. i just hope we don't mess up this state but yes jindal must be held accountable to the same standards.

How is Jindal's office exempt?
Did you read the article where Senators are introducing bills that will make the governor pay fines on things like not disclosing campaign contributions and his staff is squashing the bills. I think Patterson introduced one aimed at the Governor. read the article again.

Nothing I read in the article suggests Jindal doesn't intend for there to be transparency in the executive branch. This is a special session, which has limited scope, and I assume there would be far fewer matters to address in dealing with legislative ethics than the governor's office. Nowhere in the story does it suggest that Jindal thinks his office should not be transparent or that his office should be exempt. Now that I think about it, there weren't any comments from Jindal's staff in the story. Do I smell an agenda here?

That is just one fraction of it. Jindals office should be transparent and be open to the public.
How much more transparent can you get to admit your people made an honest mistake that no one would have found out about if you hadn't mentioned it publicly and then pay the fine?

It hasn't even been a month and he's already setting records for Gubanatorial transparency...

Those Senators feel threatened. I have to question the motives of anyone who takes their side over Jindals. Jindal has been there a month and has a very clean track record, while state legislators have the (incorrect) reputation of being the most crooked in the country.

I don't recall if I read the article or not. I just know you have zero credibility on this forum...

Last edited:
How much more transparent can you get to admit your people made an honest mistake that no one would have found out about if you hadn't mentioned it publicly and then pay the fine?

It hasn't even been a month and he's already setting records for Gubanatorial transparency...

Those Senators feel threatened. I have to question the motives of anyone who takes their side over Jindals. Jindal has been there a month and has a very clean track record, while state legislators have the (incorrect) reputation of being the most crooked in the country.

I don't recall if I read the article or not. I just know you have zero credibility on this forum...
But why cant Jindal be held accountable like the other legislators on ethics and be restricted as well? I am not focused on the fine from the past. He will take of that before the ethics board this summer. I am also talking about Jindals and his staffs records being accessible more to the public thus the transparency that he preached. He has thwarted those bills to allow this from happenning.

>>How much more transparent can you get to admit your people made an honest mistake that no one would have found out about if you hadn't mentioned it publicly and then pay the fine?

To be fair, it was mentioned that members of his staff used some tickets (Hannah Montana?) the day before the ban went into effect. :shrug:

TPS

I dont think there will be any 'revenge' towards Jindal. Perhaps more of this behavior to young, idealistic legislators. http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/politics/15864537.html

A 24-year-old freshman legislator tried Thursday to put an end to lobbyists picking up the tab for lawmakers’ meals and drinks.
“The public perceives that we are being wined and dined, that we have a sense of entitlement,” said Rep. Walker Hines, D-New Orleans.

“It is wrong for us to accept a free meal,” Hines said, reading from prepared remarks on his amendment.
Rep. Ernest Wooton jokingly asked if the amendment might pose a problem for Hines, one of the youngest members of the Legislature.
“Does that mean you’re going to have to give up the free lunch program at school?” asked Wooton, R-Belle Chasse.

Rep. Cedric Richmond, D-New Orleans, asked Hines whether he has a full-time job.
Hines, a recent college graduate, said he has a full-time job to the extent that he is currently in session at the Legislature.

I know that the Governor has a suite at the Superdome and at the Arena that is used for business purposes. I have no problem with that. Businesses have suites for the same reason. Free tickets to every state official is going overboard and is not being used for business purposes, but for personal pleasure. It's not the same at all. The latter is a form of self-entitlement.

As for transparency, you'll have to be more specific. No elected official is going to allow 100% complete access to their records and they shouldn't.

ZOMGLOL a non-white governer!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!1!!!!!

Bring him down! He reminds me of Hitler when he stands up too fast. Hitler did that too sometimes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom