Speculation Will Levis possibly sliding down draft boards? (Article) (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Ran across this article while reading about draft prospects.

If there is any truth to him sliding, would y’all want the Saints to draft him at 29?

The tweet was pretty harsh referring to his personality, imo.

Nothing about his play in the SEC said top 10 pick. Sounds like he's caught up in the same hype machine that tried to make Willis and all the other backup QB's first round picks. Richardson shouldn't be top 10 either.

Could be why the Panties jumped to #1. Possible they thought Stroud/Young are the only two worth drafting early. If they thought Levis or Richardson weren't going to be worth the top 10 pick then they did what they had to do. Can't blame them but still don't like them.

I never really understood why he was "flying up" draft boards to begin with. Never really seemed like a top 10 guy.

This could have been due to what I like to call the Christian Hackenberg Effect. A guy that looks the part: tall, strong, big arm, etc but isn't a particularly good QB that ends up getting overdrafted. All tangibles you want with not enough of the intangibles to be "the guy".

Could be why the Panties jumped to #1. Possible they thought Stroud/Young are the only two worth drafting early. If they thought Levis or Richardson weren't going to be worth the top 10 pick then they did what they had to do. Can't blame them but still don't like them.
I'd think the bust potential of Levis and Richardson is very high.

I never really understood why he was "flying up" draft boards to begin with. Never really seemed like a top 10 guy.

This could have been due to what I like to call the Christian Hackenberg Effect. A guy that looks the part: tall, strong, big arm, etc but isn't a particularly good QB that ends up getting overdrafted. All tangibles you want with not enough of the intangibles to be "the guy".

Exactly. I think part of the reason he's falling is because he just got out tangibled by another player who is all tangibles too, Richardson. In comparison, Levis doesn't look nearly as good. The funny thing is though, neither of those 2 guys should be getting drafted in the first round. You simply shouldn't draft a QB that high with so little shown on the field.

Exactly. I think part of the reason he's falling is because he just got out tangibled by another player who is all tangibles too, Richardson. In comparison, Levis doesn't look nearly as good. The funny thing is though, neither of those 2 guys should be getting drafted in the first round. You simply shouldn't draft a QB that high with so little shown on the field.
100% agree. Funny thing is is it seems like teams are starting to sober up on one overhyped prospect for another. Yea AR is one of the most athletically gifted guys we've seen in a while but a franchise QB? These teams need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Colin Cowherd was saying on his radio show earlier in the week that NFL executive he has talked to have been wholly underwhelmed by Levis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom