Will LSU try to replace Joe Brady? (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I have no doubt about the love between LSU and Ensminger and vice versa. He'll do anything for the Tigers and I believe he is fully capable of absorbing Brady's concepts while using and teaching them in his offense. With that said, I think there is great value in having two offensive coordinators, the Saints have it with Payton and Carmichael, LSU had it with Brady and Ensminger. This is twice the brain power to crunch analytics, to go over film and find ways to take advantage of match ups. It's allows one coordinator to focus on calling plays while the other is analyzing what defenses are doing to make real time game plan adjustments.

The reason I think it isn't done that often at either the NFL or college level is because of ego. Not many great coordinators can set their ego aside and create a good working environment for all involved but Ensminger handled this at the highest level.

So does LSU go out and look for a fresh new face like Brady or do we just ingest his concepts and move forward with what we have?

I saw a segment on Clemson and they receive input from several coaches for offensive game planning. I think it’s the future. More eyes, more perspective and more input only help.

Jorge Munoz is an analyst that Burrow singled out during his Heisman speech. Previous to LSU he was the OC at ULL. He was rumored to be up for the OC position at Oregon pre-Title Game. Now Joe Moorhead is the leader for the OC job at Oregon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Munoz promoted to "passing game coordinator" or some other title. Regardless of the title, if he remains he will continue to be involved in game-planning. I think we can expect to see some shuffling here on the staff soon.

Don't forget that Frank Wilson is still out there too. Play-calling is not his forte, but there could be openings for a position coach. If not, I'm sure a place can be made for Frank if he wants it.

Grad assistant DeCoster has taken a job at Old Dominion as the TE coach. He worked with Moss and recruited Arik Gilbert and Kole Taylor for this class. There have been a lot of good things said about him lately and he was only a grad assistant.

Jorge Munoz is an analyst that Burrow singled out during his Heisman speech. Previous to LSU he was the OC at ULL. He was rumored to be up for the OC position at Oregon pre-Title Game. Now Joe Moorhead is the leader for the OC job at Oregon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Munoz promoted to "passing game coordinator" or some other title. Regardless of the title, if he remains he will continue to be involved in game-planning. I think we can expect to see some shuffling here on the staff soon.

Don't forget that Frank Wilson is still out there too. Play-calling is not his forte, but there could be openings for a position coach. If not, I'm sure a place can be made for Frank if he wants it.

Grad assistant DeCoster has taken a job at Old Dominion as the TE coach. He worked with Moss and recruited Arik Gilbert and Kole Taylor for this class. There have been a lot of good things said about him lately and he was only a grad assistant.

great take there

Probably not a right-now thing ... but I wonder if Saints QB coach Joe Lombardi would ever consider consulting with LSU the way John Robinson does.

As was Joe Brady three short years ago. Dude has had a meteoric rise.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
I won't copy/paste any of the article on The Athletic, but Brody Miller has a good article addressing Brady's decision to leave and what comes next. In summary, Brady didn't seem to like the recruiting aspect of college football. He prefers the more structured aspect of the NFL where he can focus solely on football, and not recruiting. And his dream was to coach in the NFL. So, good for him. He created his credibility and got a chance to chase his dream.

The article also delves into what comes next. As MLU stated, Jorge Munoz would seem to fit into the role that Brady served. Miller also mentioned Tulane's Will Hall who's had success at Tulane and Memphis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom