Question Will (or Should) our home games start the same? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
For years the Saints have had one of the coolest pregame player introduction ceremonies in the NFL. The house lights dim and from the back of the South endzone the starting lineup gets introduced one by one as each announced player comes running through the Black & Gold inflatable tunnel squarely between the hash marks which are lined with exploding pyrotechnics and pom-pom waving dance team members all to the deafening roars of the frenzied crowd. So............

Is this still the plan for Sunday? Can the effect possibly be the same if the players are running into an empty stadium? Could such a ceremony possibly do anything to 'fire up' or motivate our players when the Superdome seats are all empty? Frankly I can't see how there could be any benefit in trying to pull off that spectacle without a house full of fans.

Does anyone know for sure how the Saints will enter the field for the game on Sunday? I wonder how our players feel about having an introduction ceremony while the customers are missing? :unsure:

For years the Saints have had one of the coolest pregame player introduction ceremonies in the NFL. The house lights dim and from the back of the South endzone the starting lineup gets introduced one by one as each announced player comes running through the Black & Gold inflatable tunnel squarely between the hash marks which are lined with exploding pyrotechnics and pom-pom waving dance team members all to the deafening roars of the frenzied crowd. So............

Is this still the plan for Sunday? Can the effect possibly be the same if the players are running into an empty stadium? Could such a ceremony possibly do anything to 'fire up' or motivate our players when the Superdome seats are all empty? Frankly I can't see how there could be any benefit in trying to pull off that spectacle without a house full of fans.

Does anyone know for sure how the Saints will enter the field for the game on Sunday? I wonder how our players feel about having an introduction ceremony while the customers are missing? :unsure:
No
The league banned fireworks a few years ago

Sure. Make it feel as normal as possible for the players.

I think the televised parts could still happen. Somewhat still relevant. If it's not televised though just seems kinda weird and self-serving, dunno maybe. One part you didn't mention that I don't see happening is the person going to centerfield raising the fist and dropping it for the Who Dat chant. Don't see how that would work, maybe they figure something out to keep tradition.

I think the televised parts could still happen. Somewhat still relevant. If it's not televised though just seems kinda weird and self-serving, dunno maybe. One part you didn't mention that I don't see happening is the person going to centerfield raising the fist and dropping it for the Who Dat chant. Don't see how that would work, maybe they figure something out to keep tradition.
I didn't mention that because doing the Who Dat chant wouldn't make sense at all. That is a display where a team representative is trying to fire up the crowd.
OTOH, the player introduction ceremony seems to be more of an opportunity for the fans to fire up the players. So I suppose either of these traditions are rather moot while the Saints are performing inside of an empty stadium.:idunno:

Bill, just one cool Who Dat fan could inspire me. u know who u are :cool:

I'd suspect that a lot of the pre-kickoff festivities will have to do with how many support staff and field personnel are allowed in the Dome. If the number of staff is restricted, then we'd have to figure that such festivities will be dialed back.

I didn't mention that because doing the Who Dat chant wouldn't make sense at all. That is a display where a team representative is trying to fire up the crowd.
OTOH, the player introduction ceremony seems to be more of an opportunity for the fans to fire up the players. So I suppose either of these traditions are rather moot while the Saints are performing inside of an empty stadium.:idunno:

If I were the Saints, I'd do the chant, but instead of the fans I'd have the players themselves doing the screaming. I wish they'd show it on national TV, but surely that's not going to happen.

Too bad we can't get local TV coverage intended for home team fans instead of the national crew slanted towards the world instead of the Saints.

If I were the Saints, I'd do the chant, but instead of the fans I'd have the players themselves doing the screaming. I wish they'd show it on national TV, but surely that's not going to happen.

Too bad we can't get local TV coverage intended for home team fans instead of the national crew slanted towards the world instead of the Saints.
Frankly, I think the national media simply wants to know (and report on) what the teams do for the 'End Racism' initiative.
Everyone seems to enjoy analyzing how each player is going to respond to the issues. I just tune in to watch football.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom