Will Payton give a little on Offense to help rob get pieces for his defense? [mod edit title] (1 Viewer)

DEUCERICKBOY02

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Offense to help rob get pieces for his defense? I know this will always be an offense first team but maybe Sean realized during his time out that defense is what wins in this league. What do you guys think.. Will Sean allow loomis to make surprise moves like maybe putting ivory or sproles(flame away) on the trade market..

[mod edit - no teaser titles please]

Last edited by a moderator:

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Our O is our bread and butter. You can't remove parts from an efficient machine and expect it to run as well.

OP

DEUCERICKBOY02

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Ok I like sproles too doubt he is going anywhere but someone on offense might.. We have to start getting defensive talent somehow.. Via draft and trades

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard a couple people say that they thought the reason Ingram was being given so many carries was possibly in order to prove his worth and make him tradable.

He played better towards the end of the year, but so much for that theory.

Kurgan

Ked' sme sami som tak rád
Reaction score
One of the biggest problems last year on O was (among others) predictability. Especially by looking at the RB, many times the D would know if we'd pass or run: the ingram case is a blatant one; i don't care if he has stone hands or what, i hope that if ingram+sproles+thomas are back coach P will be able to mix things up a bit

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Offense to help rob get pieces for his defense? I know this will always be an offense first team but maybe Sean realized during his time out that defense is what wins in this league. What do you guys think.. Will Sean allow loomis to make surprise moves like maybe putting ivory or sproles(flame away) on the trade market..
This thread is so ill-informed.

We spent more on salary for the defense the last three years then the offense, including last season with Brees' contract.

We've spent more draft picks on defensive players vs. offensive players the last six years.

Sean Payton's offense isn't awesome because we dump all our resources into it. It's awesome because Payton is a genius and Brees is a sicko.

CitySaint

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Thought this was going to be about running the ball or clock killing drives.

reason2believe

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

We spent more on salary for the defense the last three years then the offense, including last season with Brees' contract.

We've spent more draft picks on defensive players vs. offensive players the last six years.

Sean Payton's offense isn't awesome because we dump all our resources into it. It's awesome because Payton is a genius and Brees is a sicko.
This is what I was looking for. We do draft defense, and we do sign defensive free agents. There will be no problem to trying to build up the defense.

Flipx99

Thanks MJ!
Reaction score

:plus-un2: And I don't mind if someone does not happen to know these facts, but when it is aggrivating when such a person takes a shot at SP like the OP did:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette AUDIO: Sean Payton breaks down Saints success in the two-minute drill SR News Page Articles 0
Can Emmanuel Sanders play Sunday? Sean Payton won't say. 'We're in the double secret probation' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Sean Payton takes another shot at persistent Michael Thomas trade speculation SR News Page Articles 0
Payton addresses Saints secondary concerns, praises many facets of offense from win over Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere Payton says he's closer to being "a lot" worried about the secondary than he is to not being worried; says the breakdowns are a "$6 mil" question Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 74
Andrus Sean Payton Talks Win | Saints-Panthers Postgame | 2020 Week 7 SR News Page Articles 0
Taker597 Remember when the special team was struggling and Payton hired an assistant coach mid season... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Saint Kamara This goes down as arguably the best play calling game of Sean Payton's Saints career Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton feels "Good" about Saints depleted Receiver Corps SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze Payton sets the record straight about the Saints and Michael Thomas Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25
ktmoze Sean Payton feels "Good" about Depleted Receiver Corps Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 36
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Wide Receiver Depth, Week 7 prep | Saints vs. Panthers Week 7 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
What has 2020 taught Sean Payton about his Saints team and himself? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints coach Sean Payton says WR Michael Thomas' discipline is over SR News Page Articles 0
Michael Thomas' discipline from Saints is over, but will he play Sunday? Sean Payton declines to say Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton: Michael Thomas’ discipline over, we’ll see if ankle’s OK Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Does Sean Payton still script first several offensive plays, and if so, could teams use that against us? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saints @ Bears: Key Matchups - if the Saints can’t slow the Bears offense, we have a problem Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints Defense vs. Bears Offense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze Saints Defense vs. Bears Offense Preview Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Saint Kamara Anybody ready for some more Deonte Harris in this offense? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Walker: 3,000 fans brought some "juice" to the Dome Sunday, and so did the Saints' offense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara lead depleted Saints offense past Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints run offense vs. Panthers run defense: How they stack up Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints offense playing its best football out of 21 personnel SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints 1st Quarter + 1 Game Report Card (Offense, Special Teams, Coaches) SR News Page Articles 0