Will Payton give a little on Offense to help rob get pieces for his defense? [mod edit title] (1 Viewer)

The Saints just need to draft/get lucky with some young cheap players on defense. Take a risks on a few knuckleheads in the later rounds or through free agency. They shouldn't trade a player on offense for a draft pick on defense.

i mean trading sproles is our best best to get at least a second/third round pick
Teams will be licking there chops to get sproles and we need some picks bad

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the nest."

Would you trade Sproles for Usama Young or Chip Vaughn? I don't think so.

Offense to help rob get pieces for his defense? I know this will always be an offense first team but maybe Sean realized during his time out that defense is what wins in this league. What do you guys think.. Will Sean allow loomis to make surprise moves like maybe putting ivory or sproles(flame away) on the trade market..

[mod edit - no teaser titles please]

Personally, I think the Achilles' Heel of Payton's teams is that all they want are BOY SCOUTS!

To have a Great Team, you have to have SOME of the players with some ATTITUDE and a touch of CRAZINESS!

And it seems that when the Saints get such players, they waste no time in getting rid of em!

Also...

It seems the Saints stink at EVALUATING D Talent!

LOL!! Trade Sproles?? Are you kidding me? Just because Carmichael didn't know how to use him doesn't mean he is going anywhere. The offense will explode again with Sean back calling plays. Carmichael hardly ever ran Sproles and I still don't get it to this day.

You said it. Because he didn't know how to use him.

Sproles brings that versatility out of the backfield he's a cog in the offense...I think roles need to be defined in the run game, like who's the lead back and who spells him...but I dont see how much we can change an offense that for the past 6-7yrs been tops in the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom