Will people be happy if Taysom does well... (2 Viewers)

If he does well, pretty much everyone here will be happy. But also, if he does poorly, there will be a large contingent happy to tell you they were right.

I’ll say this as someone who has been pro-Jameis: a big part of that has been that I trust Payton. He sees a ton of stuff we don’t and I figured if it were Jameis, it was bc of what Payton saw that we didn’t.

So I’d be pretty hypocritical to scream “I told you so” if Payton turns out wrong.

At least on here. The Gameday thread, where I’ve fired Dennis Allen 843,281 times, is fair game :LOL:

You can kinda feel it in the air. This is a historic moment. Sean Payton could go down as one of the best coaches ever if Taysom Hill turns into a starting QB. This is like a movie, for real. Let’s go Taysom!

What, you think there are Saints fans hoping we gift the Falcons with a bunch of incompletions and/or interceptions?
There were people that call themselves Saints fans saying "F" Brees, trade AK41, trade CGM and cut MJ27 so no doubt they'll be people who call themselves Saints fans hoping that TH7 fails. Real Saints fans want the team to succeed, not just individual players they like or who share their views on things.

No one likes to admit they were wrong so they'll be some people who won't like the fact that they were wrong about TH7 if he plays well. For the same reason, if TH7 doesn't play well there will be some people who won't like the fact that they were wrong about TH7 and will come up with pretzel type rationalization to put the blame on others to avoid being critical of TH7 should he not play well. Both types will be easily recognizable. Very few will actually admit they were wrong in either case.

TH7 has been in this system for 3 years so I expect him to play well. I don't expect him to be Drew Brees with accuracy or completion percentage but I damn sure am not looking for him to be 1 read and run and missing wide open WR's.

T
Or upset?

You would think that the Saints starting qb doing well would be a great thing, but this is 2020, and people like to be proven right, so I imagine people will be upset if he doesn’t fail.

Think me odd (and who doesn’t) with this topic, but looking through Twitter it seems like people are going to tune in Sunday at noon in hopes that he fails (and by extension the Saints), where I am not sure how they will react if he comes out and puts up a great game.
There will always be those that for their selfish reasons (other), that hope he fails, but the team does well/wins. And the same would have been true if Jameis was the starter. Some people have mental issues and that is really a bigger issue.

T

There will always be those that for their selfish reasons (other), that hope he fails, but the team does well/wins. And the same would have been true if Jameis was the starter. Some people have mental issues and that is really a bigger issue.

Above all else... it’s about winning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom