Will people be happy if Taysom does well... (3 Viewers)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Sticky Post
Or upset?

You would think that the Saints starting qb doing well would be a great thing, but this is 2020, and people like to be proven right, so I imagine people will be upset if he doesn’t fail.

Think me odd (and who doesn’t) with this topic, but looking through Twitter it seems like people are going to tune in Sunday at noon in hopes that he fails (and by extension the Saints), where I am not sure how they will react if he comes out and puts up a great game.

St4ever

Hall-of-Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can only think of one person that hopes Taysom will fail, and he would be his backup. And I cannot blame him since it could mean millions to him.

OP
El Caliente

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Taysom is 30 or in concrete terms 11 years younger than Drew who we all think is still a great QB. You can win a lot of conference titles, postseason games, and Super Bowls in 11 years.
What’s more, how many teams have the same qb for more than 10 years? Us, GB, no other teams come to mind. NE just jettisoned their SB winning qb (just like Baltimore before them). Is 10 years really a “stop gap”?

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I think as a forum A) we need to get over it, Winston isn’t going to be in unless injury, it’s all Hill win or lose and B) stop with this subconscious worry that Hill is going to do poorly. Hill has been probably our biggest difference maker next fo Kamara the last few years.

I cant fathom why people are so prone to worrying he will do bad when he’s been so consistent in making big plays. If anything I’m leaning towards a huge game by him.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I’d be happy with a good performance by whichever QB plays.
Exactly. I'm so tired of this. It happened last year when Bridgewater was winning games and I can see it happening this year with Hill OR Winston, if we get the win and the QB isn't a liability, we should be celebrating in the streets not picking apart the QB.

Reaction score
Its not about hoping Taysom fails, its not hoping Winston succeeds, its not 10 years at quarterback because drew is still playing at a high level at 41. Its the fact that he is a 30 year old quarterback, who has never really played quarterback at the pro level. It will take time for payton to watch him and figure out how to build a successful system around him. His body has taken a beating since he has been with the saints and if he becomes the starting quarterback, you lose some one who plays multiple roles on offense where he is damn near unguardable and some one who has blocked kicks on special teams. I would rather go with a younger quarterback and not be having this same conversation in 5 years.
Why is that hard for people to understand? Its not Taysom against Winston or anyone else, its about what is best for the SAINTS. I don't care if they Billy Joe Tollivers arse out of the retirement home, as long as we win games and have a quarterback for the future. The years of going from Bobby Herbert, Billy Joe holbert, Billy Joe Tolliver, heath Shuler, Danny wuerfull, Aaron brooks, Jeff Blake, Steve Walsh, doug nussenmier, etc... sucked

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, somebody is clearly upset that Hill was named the starter.
Disagree or upset? Those are not the same things. I really doubt most people who thought Jameis should start (like me, Taysom Hill jersey owner) will be UPSET of Taysom goes out and does well and wins the game.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Its the fact that he is a 30 year old quarterback,
His 30 years old are not like your 30 years old.

It will take time for payton to watch him and figure out how to build a successful system around him.
Payton has been watching him for 3 years. How much more time do you think he would need to figure it out?

His body has taken a beating since he has been with the saints
So has the body of any NFL player not using his leg.

you lose some one who plays multiple roles on offense where he is damn near unguardable and some one who has blocked kicks on special teams.
Are there not other players who can make plays?
I would rather go with a younger quarterback and not be having this same conversation in 5 years.
Ironically, the Bucs...

Reaction score
His 30 years old are not like your 30 years old.

Payton has been watching him for 3 years. How much more time do you think he would need to figure it out?

So has the body of any NFL player not using his leg.

Are there not other players who can make plays?

Ironically, the Bucs...
Well he is been watching him for 3 years and judging my his number of pass attempts opposed to runs to the left or right, NO HE DOESN'T.

Yeah his 30 is not like my 30, I work hanging off power poles, I know guys that are 63 still doing that. How many 63 year old quarterbacks do you know of still playing pro ball?

Exactly he is a quarterback, want to guess why the only time drew runs the ball is to jump over the line on 4th and 1 or goal to go?

Apparently there is not ONE PLAYER, on our roster who can do all that because Taysom is the one out there.

Yall defeat your own argument with the last statement because there are a billion post on here saying "there's only one Taysom "

Reaction score
Dude I like Taysom, enjoy his play. But look at this way, if Kamara and Murray got hurt would you put Michael Thomas at running back? No because that is not where he is successful

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well he is been watching him for 3 years and judging my his number of pass attempts opposed to runs to the left or right, NO HE DOESN'T.
????
I don't know what you are trying to say, how this counters the statement I made. Are yous saying Payton doesn't know?

Yeah his 30 is not like my 30, I work hanging off power poles, I know guys that are 63 still doing that. How many 63 year old quarterbacks do you know of still playing pro ball?
That doesn't make any sense either.

Exactly he is a quarterback, want to guess why the only time drew runs the ball is to jump over the line on 4th and 1 or goal to go?
Because Drew doesn't like to run? Drew still gets hit, even when completing passes; and he gets hit by much bigger dudes than him, and during the throwing motion, you are not bracing for impact.

Apparently there is not ONE PLAYER, on our roster who can do all that because Taysom is the one out there.
Not one player, other players who play RB/WR/TE/ST.

Yall defeat your own argument with the last statement because there are a billion post on here saying "there's only one Taysom "
Who's "y'all"?
In any case, there may be only 1 player on the team who could play all of those positions and do it effectively like Taysom, but that doesn't mean that other players can't make the very same plays at their respective positions. Other than the RPO, the Saints have RBs who can run the ball, WRs who can catch the ball, TEs who can block and catch the ball, STers who can block/cover punts...

Reaction score
I'm saying %99 percent of the time he comes in it is a run play. Is English that hard to comprehend?

You said his that and my 30 is not the same, no sheet I don't play pro football. Again makes sense if you comprehend English.

Ok so drew doesn't like to get hit and tries to avoid it yet has 5 cracked ribs and a punctured look. Taysom is a quarterback that likes to run and takes a lot more hits. Thank you for making my point.

Again one player does all and does not take up multiple roster spots on a roster that is limited to the number of available spots.

Yes other players play those 4 positions but we do not have and read carefully ONE player on the roster that does all of the above.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)