Will people be happy if Taysom does well... (1 Viewer)

His 30 years old are not like your 30 years old.

Payton has been watching him for 3 years. How much more time do you think he would need to figure it out?

So has the body of any NFL player not using his leg.

Are there not other players who can make plays?

Ironically, the Bucs...
Well he is been watching him for 3 years and judging my his number of pass attempts opposed to runs to the left or right, NO HE DOESN'T.

Yeah his 30 is not like my 30, I work hanging off power poles, I know guys that are 63 still doing that. How many 63 year old quarterbacks do you know of still playing pro ball?

Exactly he is a quarterback, want to guess why the only time drew runs the ball is to jump over the line on 4th and 1 or goal to go?

Apparently there is not ONE PLAYER, on our roster who can do all that because Taysom is the one out there.

Yall defeat your own argument with the last statement because there are a billion post on here saying "there's only one Taysom "

Dude I like Taysom, enjoy his play. But look at this way, if Kamara and Murray got hurt would you put Michael Thomas at running back? No because that is not where he is successful

Well he is been watching him for 3 years and judging my his number of pass attempts opposed to runs to the left or right, NO HE DOESN'T.
????
I don't know what you are trying to say, how this counters the statement I made. Are yous saying Payton doesn't know?

Yeah his 30 is not like my 30, I work hanging off power poles, I know guys that are 63 still doing that. How many 63 year old quarterbacks do you know of still playing pro ball?
That doesn't make any sense either.

Exactly he is a quarterback, want to guess why the only time drew runs the ball is to jump over the line on 4th and 1 or goal to go?
Because Drew doesn't like to run? Drew still gets hit, even when completing passes; and he gets hit by much bigger dudes than him, and during the throwing motion, you are not bracing for impact.

Apparently there is not ONE PLAYER, on our roster who can do all that because Taysom is the one out there.
Not one player, other players who play RB/WR/TE/ST.

Yall defeat your own argument with the last statement because there are a billion post on here saying "there's only one Taysom "
Who's "y'all"?
In any case, there may be only 1 player on the team who could play all of those positions and do it effectively like Taysom, but that doesn't mean that other players can't make the very same plays at their respective positions. Other than the RPO, the Saints have RBs who can run the ball, WRs who can catch the ball, TEs who can block and catch the ball, STers who can block/cover punts...

I'm saying %99 percent of the time he comes in it is a run play. Is English that hard to comprehend?

You said his that and my 30 is not the same, no sheet I don't play pro football. Again makes sense if you comprehend English.

Ok so drew doesn't like to get hit and tries to avoid it yet has 5 cracked ribs and a punctured look. Taysom is a quarterback that likes to run and takes a lot more hits. Thank you for making my point.

Again one player does all and does not take up multiple roster spots on a roster that is limited to the number of available spots.

Yes other players play those 4 positions but we do not have and read carefully ONE player on the roster that does all of the above.

Of course, I trust SP to make the right decision more than myself....I'm all in on Taysom!!!!
''

So, here is my take ...
If he does well I will be happy. I want to win.
But I just don’t think he will. It feels like a ... “he earned a chance to show us what he can do” ... kind of thing. And we are possibly risking a loss to do that. His first start ever, over a veteran QB like Winston? I don’t like the decision.
I am interested to see what he can do but I don’t like the risk.
If he does do well, then we can’t over react either. He will have to show he can keep it up. It’s a tough spot for him. I wish him luck. But we can’t afford a loss here.

Is English that hard to comprehend?
Not when used properly, in a coherent manner.

You said his that and my 30 is not the same, no sheet I don't play pro football.
And Taysom doesn't hang off power poles, and hanging off power poles has nothing to do with playing football... so why even bring that up?

Again makes sense if you comprehend English.
Again, not when used properly, in a coherent manner.

Ok so drew doesn't like to get hit and tries to avoid it yet has 5 cracked ribs and a punctured look. Taysom is a quarterback that likes to run and takes a lot more hits. Thank you for making my point.
I didn't make your point for you, at all.

Again one player does all and does not take up multiple roster spots on a roster that is limited to the number of available spots.

Yes other players play those 4 positions but we do not have and read carefully ONE player on the roster that does all of the above.
Yeah, I read that carefully. Yet, even if you remove Taysom from the team, it doesn't mean you'll need 4 extra players to get the same production that you get with Taysom, because the team already has players who perform those functions.

Not when used properly, in a coherent manner.

And Taysom doesn't hang off power poles, and hanging off power poles has nothing to do with playing football... so why even bring that up?

Again, not when used properly, in a coherent manner.

I didn't make your point for you, at all.

Yeah, I read that carefully. Yet, even if you remove Taysom from the team, it doesn't mean you'll need 4 extra players to get the same production that you get with Taysom, because the team already has players who perform those functions.
Dude I'll just end the conversation here because since I'm not a "vip contributer " I'll be banned soon when you piss and moan to to the mods because you can't make a valid rebuttal, or was that word to big for you again?

You did make my point, reread your response.

The ream has PLAYERS, not a single player.

So GOODBYE

I think most will be happy.

I’ve actually been pretty defensive of both Taysom and Winston during the time we thought Winston would start and now with Taysom reportedly being the guy.

With Winston, I tend to get irritated at the 30 INT being the main argument against him. It’s a lot of INT’s for sure, but that was by far his worst year (INT-wise) and as many people have pointed out, he wasn’t in an offensive system with Arians that was based around taking the safer shots. SP has built an offense that lives on consistency, and until we see what Jameis can do in a better situation (in more than half a game he was thrown into), I think it’s silly to just assume Jameis would be the same Jameis. He easily could be, but players get better in new environments all the time.

With Taysom, it’s very similar. Not really sure how so many are ready and willing to just write him off as a QB, using his career 18 pass attempts as some sort of complete body of work to actually form an opinion, most of which seem to be “if he could actually throw he would’ve thrown more by now” or “he’s bad at progressions and tucks and runs too easily”. A lot of Taysom’s snaps come on 3rd & manageable, and if he thinks he can get the yardage on the ground on his one snap, I don’t really blame him for tucking and running (in those limited situations). I don’t think any of us really even know what a full time Taysom-centered offense would look like, or how well he can actually throw in a game plan tailored to him. It could look like a glorified wild cat, or it could look like a modified air-raid (think ARI with Kingsbury and Murray’s ability on the ground). He very well may suck at throwing, but there’s just not enough evidence out there to make that conclusion yet.

Then again— I know it’s a fan forum and we all like to make our opinions known and rag on others when we disagree (and I’m not complaining- I enjoy the back and forths I read). I guess I’ve just been a little surprised that so many people seem to be firmly on one side of the fence or the other with this one!

My wife always says I’m too indecisive, though. But I still haven’t decided if she’s right or not.

Or upset?

You would think that the Saints starting qb doing well would be a great thing, but this is 2020, and people like to be proven right, so I imagine people will be upset if he doesn’t fail.

Think me odd (and who doesn’t) with this topic, but looking through Twitter it seems like people are going to tune in Sunday at noon in hopes that he fails (and by extension the Saints), where I am not sure how they will react if he comes out and puts up a great game.

I think those people would rather he fail then to admit that they were wrong about him. These people are pansies.

It is only strange, to those to do not like it, or do not agree with it. Saying it is strange, is cover for one’s negative view. This.is a fan forum. You get a lot of varied questions, views....etc. That is how a forum works. If every question, view, were essentially the same, what would you have?

This is a forum. (IE; open discussion). 😉

I disagree, I think it's a strange question to ask whether or not people would be happy if a player on their favorite team did well. It's at the very least an unusual or uncommon question. I do think it's a fair question though.

Winston is only 4 years younger than Hill and we have no idea at what age either one of them will start to decline, so I think that age difference is insignificant.
I love Taysom and the energy he brings. But the age difference is significant when one has5 years starting experience and one has never started. Sean has sean the flaws of Winston over years of starting and can craft an offense around him quicker and at a younger age. My biggest issue is the only real argument against Winston is last year and the picks. Same philosophy in football as life, sheet happens, live and learn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom