Will people be happy if Taysom does well... (1 Viewer)

So, here is my take ...
If he does well I will be happy. I want to win.
But I just don’t think he will. It feels like a ... “he earned a chance to show us what he can do” ... kind of thing. And we are possibly risking a loss to do that. His first start ever, over a veteran QB like Winston? I don’t like the decision.
I am interested to see what he can do but I don’t like the risk.
If he does do well, then we can’t over react either. He will have to show he can keep it up. It’s a tough spot for him. I wish him luck. But we can’t afford a loss here.

Winston is a veteran QB but NOT in our system. You would really trust a guy that's barely been in the system over someone that's been in it for 3 years? Unless he has a photographic memory I'm not starting the new guy over someone that knows what he's doing.

Dude I'll just end the conversation here because since I'm not a "vip contributer " I'll be banned soon when you piss and moan to to the mods because you can't make a valid rebuttal, or was that word to big for you again?

You did make my point, reread your response.

The ream has PLAYERS, not a single player.

So GOODBYE

I've read the posts between the two of you and you haven't made a valid point at all and then pretty much said he's stupid because rebuttal is too big a word for him. I'm pretty certain that isn't the way for saintsreport.com

I hope Taysom fails. I mean, just look at that evil grin when he makes a play.

:kidding:

Speaking of quirks. (and I realized you are being sarcastic) Has anyone else noticed the curious shriek Tayson's utters when he scores or has a big play? His love of the game is infectious.

I can't recall any other player in any team sport that has his attitude and willingness to do anything including grunt work in the trenches to help win.

If he does become a starter and has even modest success, there is going to be a movie one day.

So, here is my take ...
If he does well I will be happy. I want to win.
But I just don’t think he will. It feels like a ... “he earned a chance to show us what he can do” ... kind of thing. And we are possibly risking a loss to do that. His first start ever, over a veteran QB like Winston? I don’t like the decision.
I am interested to see what he can do but I don’t like the risk.
If he does do well, then we can’t over react either. He will have to show he can keep it up. It’s a tough spot for him. I wish him luck. But we can’t afford a loss here.

Undrafted, Four serious injuries. Atypical college QB not in the NFL mold.

Yet he is here. Garners an amount of press coverage completely out of proportion to his stats. And, seems to always exceed expectations in the end.

I'd be foolish to underestimate his chances or second guess Sean Payton's faith.

Or upset?

You would think that the Saints starting qb doing well would be a great thing, but this is 2020, and people like to be proven right, so I imagine people will be upset if he doesn’t fail.

Think me odd (and who doesn’t) with this topic, but looking through Twitter it seems like people are going to tune in Sunday at noon in hopes that he fails (and by extension the Saints), where I am not sure how they will react if he comes out and puts up a great game.

If he scrubs, it will be ugly. Twitter been killing this move all week...rightfully so. Only thing I can think about is:

1. Sean sees something we dont, and we about to be dangerous

2. It's a Kabuki dance to get them prepped for Taysom and we kill them over the top, taking the whole top of the defense with Jameis...

3. We are stupid, and Sean ego is going unchecked...or

4. He is being forced by sponsors to play Taysom, which is where the Racism lean may have some legs

We’re 7-2, but we’ve lost Drew! Right now, I don’t care who the starter at QB is. If SP thinks Sister Grace Mary would give him the best chance to beat ATL , I’m all in! 😂

I'm a Saints fan and I just want them to win regardless of who is the QB.
Agree. I would love to be wrong about neither guy being the future. I just want the win regardless of who takes the snaps. I will be very happy if he is more than a running QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom