Will Saints Follow Giants Success Formula? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Over the past 10 plus years, the NFL has continued to change rules to increase scoring, especially through the pass: less bumping of receivers, less contact, QB protection, etc. With the newer rules, a good QB with quality receivers and a decent O-line puts up big numbers consistently. The only way to prevent this is to beat-up and harass the QB the entire game. Even the best and most clutch QBs get rattled when they are slammed to the ground for an entire game - Brady and Manning included. Will the Saints front office start to move towards a fast, powerful, athletic front seven? The Giants showed that average DBs can look real good when the QB is running for his life throughout a game.

I hope so but it would take some serious conditioning of our defensive line. Our defensive line is not even close to being as athletic as the Giants in my opinion.

It all starts with the Front Office and Scouting Staff. The Saints got lucky 2 years ago in the 7th round with Colston and tried to base their draft last year on the theory of finding diamonds in the rough. I know that there is very good talent at smaller schools but you need to have an excellent scouting staff that can evaluate how the talent translate to success in the NFL.

This is not just due to the new rules in the NFL to help offenses. If you think about it, the last time we had a great defense it was because of our pass rush. We were averaging over 50 sacks a season with the Dome patrol and average CB's.

no its not our front four is solid on paper,,got good dt play last season,,but our big money DES played very poor last year,,,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom