Will Saints utilize tight ends downfield? Who's their fastest player? Your questions answered (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1534804470535.png
By Josh Katzenstein, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

The New Orleans Saints wrapped training camp Sunday (Aug. 19) and they head out to Los Angeles this week for joint practices against the Chargers before Saturday's third exhibition game.

We took that opportunity to answer reader questions about the team Monday, and tight ends and backup quarterbacks were among the most popular topics of conversation.

Check out highlights from the Q&A below, or find answers to all your questions here.

Will Saints utilize tight ends downfield more this season?

Pcbsaint51 asks: With Ben Watson back, do you see the Saints getting back to utilizing the TE receiving down the field more? Watson had a career best in his last season here.

Katzenstein: Yes, absolutely. I think this was the missing piece for the offense last year. Coby Fleener struggled a bit, and then when he went down, the Saints didn't really have a downfield tight end until a few nice plays by Josh Hill in the playoffs.

I must admit I've been blown away by Benjamin Watson this summer. I assumed, at age 37, he would just be a guy with good hands who can use his savvy to run routes. But he looks legit, and considering Payton said he's still getting into playing shape, I think Watson could be a real weapon this year.

Remember, the Saints last year were the worst they've ever been on third downs in the Sean Payton and Drew Brees era. If Watson can help there, the offense could be incredible. ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom