Will Saints vs Chiefs be Flexed? (1 Viewer)

Night Game on NBC on December 20th is Niners at Dallas. The only way the Saints vs KC game gets "flexed" into Prime Time would be if the Niners/Dallas Game had to get moved due to Covid to the following Tuesday. It is possible that the NFL would allow CBS to move the Saints/KC into Primetime on Sunday Night.

2020....Anything is possible. Niners will most likely be playing Away games the next few weeks, if one or both teams have an uncontained outbreak....game could move to following Tuesday.

If both teams stay on their current course, & if Drew’s back for that game, it’s kind of a no-brainer to flex the game. That’s literally a potential preview of the Super Bowl. But then again, the NFL is stupid, so who knows...

If both teams stay on their current course, & if Drew’s back for that game, it’s kind of a no-brainer to flex the game. That’s literally a potential preview of the Super Bowl. But then again, the NFL is stupid, so who knows...
It’s not on the League. CBS has the right to protect that game and they’re gonna keep it at all costs.

Based on the schedule for that week, that game will be a highlight matchup no matter what. Frankly, I would rather it be on CBS and listen to Nantz and Romo
I do find Jim Nantz and Tony Romo far more interesting with their in-game observations, mostly less-than sarcastic and insightful breakdowns of key plays in crucial parts of games and their willingness to call out the supposedly omnipresent, omniscient NFL officiating crews when they do fork up on bad, overlooked calls or penalties that are ticky-tack or roughing the passer calls or DBs/CBs grabbing Saints players facemasks visibly to the ground. (Ed Hoculli, that especially means you.)

I like them better than having to endure Collinsworth's nasaly, annoying, pandering and pretentious calls and petty, vindictive inherent biases he's clearly shown over the past 30 years as a play-by-play commentator towards certain teams, HCs, or players.

On his Football Life episode, he said his announcing style and perceived snideness in calling NFL games has gotten him a reputation where certain players on NFL teams who he criticized in past games forcibly bumped into him or made verbal threats to him like if he tried interviewing him or _____ players on their team he'd covered that Sunday/Monday, they would kick his arse if he didn't have a security detail with him.

Which makes me wonder, he actually once was a very good, Pro-Bowl(3x Pro-Bowler, IIRC), for the Bengals from 1981-1988. He played in and lost two SBs to same Niners team coached by same future, HOF HC Bill Walsh, so it begs the question: Did he have some parts of this same annoying, arrogant, pretentious personality when he played because their were some guys on those late 70's-mid 80s Bengals teams who didn't like, or tolerate smart-arse, little whiny punks criticizing, or nitpicking every minor/major aspects of how they played, weekly from a purely, fundamentals standpoint. You had SOME REALLY nasty, hardcore full-throttle pros like Anthony Munoz, Jim LeClair, Reggie Williams along with one of the greatest, most underrated NFL QBs of all-time, Ken Anderson that I wouldn't want to over-criticize and work side-by-side with them for 6 months afterwards.

I wonder if the current Collinsworth we've seen gradually develop and morph into is a personality he revved up once his playing days were over and he could be a lot more outspoken then before and not be used as bulletin board material for opposing defenses or he'd answer for to his teammates the next day in Monday practice?

I do find Jim Nantz and Tony Romo far more interesting with their in-game observations, mostly less-than sarcastic and insightful breakdowns of key plays in crucial parts of games and their willingness to call out the supposedly omnipresent, omniscient NFL officiating crews when they do fork up on bad, overlooked calls or penalties that are ticky-tack or roughing the passer calls or DBs/CBs grabbing Saints players facemasks visibly to the ground. (Ed Hoculli, that especially means you.)

I like them better than having to endure Collinsworth's nasaly, annoying, pandering and pretentious calls and petty, vindictive inherent biases he's clearly shown over the past 30 years as a play-by-play commentator towards certain teams, HCs, or players.

On his Football Life episode, he said his announcing style and perceived snideness in calling NFL games has gotten him a reputation where certain players on NFL teams who he criticized in past games forcibly bumped into him or made verbal threats to him like if he tried interviewing him or _____ players on their team he'd covered that Sunday/Monday, they would kick his arse if he didn't have a security detail with him.

Which makes me wonder, he actually once was a very good, Pro-Bowl(3x Pro-Bowler, IIRC), for the Bengals from 1981-1988. He played in and lost two SBs to same Niners team coached by same future, HOF HC Bill Walsh, so it begs the question: Did he have some parts of this same annoying, arrogant, pretentious personality when he played because their were some guys on those late 70's-mid 80s Bengals teams who didn't like, or tolerate smart-arse, little whiny punks criticizing, or nitpicking every minor/major aspects of how they played, weekly from a purely, fundamentals standpoint. You had SOME REALLY nasty, hardcore full-throttle pros like Anthony Munoz, Jim LeClair, Reggie Williams along with one of the greatest, most underrated NFL QBs of all-time, Ken Anderson that I wouldn't want to over-criticize and work side-by-side with them for 6 months afterwards.

I wonder if the current Collinsworth we've seen gradually develop and morph into is a personality he revved up once his playing days were over and he could be a lot more outspoken then before and not be used as bulletin board material for opposing defenses or he'd answer for to his teammates the next day in Monday practice?
Can't stand Collinsworth at all and it may have something to do with his playing days. What scares me is his son sounds just like him. I think it also has to do with him being in the spotlight going from FOX to NBC. Al Michaels used to be great as well but he has fallen into the agenda of saying what the media wants to hear.

I miss the days of Pat and John calling games. Nantz and Romo fit that mold nowadays. Kevin Harlan is another who I enjoy calling a game, same with Gus Johnson. Overall, across all sports, Joel Meyers and Antonio Daniels are the best duo because they love the team they broadcast for but also give insight on every opponent and that's how it should be. We need more guys like them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom