Will Sean Payton employ the Sean McVay/Jared Goff trick? (1 Viewer)

I think that gimmick has run its course. It's funny how that's how people shut him down a last year was changing the play pre-snap after the mic got cut off

I thought you were talking about flawlessly being a jerk. But yeah, maybe....

Not sure what your definition of relevant is, but the Rams have any excellent chance of winning that division now.

Rams are a team I don’t want the Saints to run in to... McVay might be a jerk, but he’s a good coach.

To the OP... I think that would be an excellent idea. Crowd noise won’t be an issue, and I think it could greatly benefit Taysom.

Also, doesn't it feel nice how irrelevant Sean McVay has become once people figured him out?

I feel like it's a trend with a lot of Head Coaches. First, it was the Eagles head coach, then the Bears head coach, then McVay. The most recent ones have been Shanahan and the Ravens coach (though Harbaugh is a little different)

They want to put these guys on top of the lists of coaches then they fall off after a year or two. Give me the guys with sustained success. Belichick, Payton, Reid, Tomlin. Everyone else has to prove it over at least 3 or 4 years.

I think McVay is a solid coach. The Rams are having a nice season and their defense can be really stout. They're very competitive and they're one of those teams that if they get hot at the end of the season, they could go all the way. They have plenty enough talent.

I think McVay is a solid coach. The Rams are having a nice season and their defense can be really stout. They're very competitive and they're one of those teams that if they get hot at the end of the season, they could go all the way. They have plenty enough talent.

I think he needs more time to put him on these top coaches list. Being a good coach is about adapting over the years and working with new players. He has to prove he can adapt, so far I say he's been ok with that not the greatest response after his big year. This year has been a little better. Mainly an incomplete grade to me.

I think he needs more time to put him on these top coaches list. Being a good coach is about adapting over the years and working with new players. He has to prove he can adapt, so far I say he's been ok with that not the greatest response after his big year. This year has been a little better. Mainly an incomplete grade to me.

I agree with that. Teams had him figured out last year. But this season their offense has been pretty good. So clearly he's finding a good balance. We'll see if he can sustain it.

I thought he might be a flash in the pan but this year disproves that.

He's gonna be good for a while.

Not sure that will work with Payton. Just getting the initial play call into Drew has been slow for quite some time to the point they have to burn a timeout at least once per game it seems or Drew has to hurry the snap count not giving the o-line time to hand out blocking assignments if the Def isn't set up the way they expected.

Please don't. We want 2 minds attacking the defense, not one. I don't want to see my QB hand held during a game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom