will smith and colston contracts (1 Viewer)

ddomi02

Practice Squad
Reaction score
are they going to rework their contracts are wait till end of next season? i hope they aleast do with colston because he will be a rfa end of next season right?

Last edited:
I would think Colston would get his deal before the season starts. They might wait on Smith.

I think we will move on all three after the draft, before the season starts.

Sign them for big bucks now, don't let 'em simmer. No telling what might come into their minds. Especially when they see what next years FA vets are getting.

ddd

Lets not forget about Vilma, He only has one year left from his contract with the Jets..

WE are fixing to have to spend alot of money

I think Colston and Evans get new contracts before the season starts.

We wouldn't want to go into next off-season wiht all 4 of them potential free agents. Most you want to see is 2 "big" guys. That way you can figure you can likely get one of them at least to sign, and then worst case you can tag the other.

I think we wait and see with Smith and Vilma. We need to know who the real Smith is, pro-bowler or the guy we saw last year and with Vilma, obviously we need to see that he has overcome the knee problems.

I think Evans and Colston get their money after the draft. Smith will probably be franchised, and we will wait to see how productive Vilma will be. Even if his contract expires, I believe he wants to stay a Saint and we will get a new one done before Free Agency begins (Vilma's); the same may be possible for Smith.

This will be an interested problem we could potentially have on our hands in the event Colston,Evans, Smith and Vilma become free agents at the end of the season, but I think the FO knows this....I honestly expect us to actually start resigning guys this offseason...just don't know who gets signed first.....but a good thing is, you don't hear Colston or Smith or Evans mouthing off to the media about wanting new deals, so they obviously have faith things will get done....and its a testament to the kinda guys we have on our team....which is another reason they should be resigned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom