Will Smith Arrested{MERGED} (1 Viewer)

I'm reserving judgement on Will and his wife. I wish only the best for them both and hope that whatever needs to happen, happens (whether that's counseling or mutual apologies or what have you). Both he and his wife say that a mountain was made out of a molehill, so I'll take that as a hopeful sign.

However, I'm going to judge the HELL out of those of you who imply quite strongly in their posts that women should be able to get away with stuff if we're "hot," but presumably deserve a good smack now and again if we're ugly. Seriously..."unless she looks like pre-op Jenna Jameson?" So if your wife's a beast, go ahead and club her like the troglodyte you are?

I didn't know it was possible for a person to be deeply shallow until I read that post.

I think you focused in on one aspect of the post. He didn't just say "pre-op Jenna Jameson", he also mentioned Mother Theresa, and first.

So, IMO, he was including personality before looks, which is far from shallow. Also, I think he was just being funny.

And in all seriousness, all of you who say "just pick her up" are missing the point. 1, an enraged person, woman or man, is not so easily controlled as you think. 2, he'd be arrested for carrying her out of the place too. So, moot point.

Story update...

"He was causing such a headache; yelling and threatening the officers that I was surprised that the officers weren't reacting differently," said Aaron Melancon, who was there when Smith was booked in.

Meloncon spent six days in the Lafayette Parish Jail, serving out his full term for not appearing at a court date. He says unlike the rest of the inmates, Smith spent less than in hour in custody.

So just how did Smith get out so fast? Judge Phyllis Keaty set a $1,000 bond Saturday, but then Smith was let go that same day without paying a dime.
But according to a new state law -- ACT 584 -- that's illegal. The law clearly states that "a person cannot be let go on domestic abuse battery charges on their own recognizance." After KATC reported that fact on Monday, Judge Keaty rescinded the original bond on Tuesday and set a new commercial bond. Smith paid up that day, shelling out $35.

Judge Keaty also returned our calls Thursday morning. She confirmed that she is friends with the Smiths, because Will's wife, Racquel, worked in Family Court for four years. Keaty said she could not comment on the case due to court rules, only saying she ordered a $1,000 bond. The case will now move forward to the Lafayette city prosecutor.

http://www.katc.com/news/questions-answered-in-jail-release-smith-pays-up/

First of all... if the police are called for a domestic call or if they witness anything abnormal, they have the right and the duty to investigate. I can tell you (as a law enforcemnt officer) that if one person has marks on him/her, an arrest is federally mandated. That means the other person has to go to jail... period. Now, if the man admits to pulling the wife's hair, pushing her, etc. that leaves no physical marks... still must go to jail. The reason for this is not so much because of the severity of the issue, but for future protection. In other words, they don't want the police leaving because everything appears okay and then someone getting really hurt or killed. So, with that being said, had she gotten physical, she would've been arrested. Same with him. Anyone on here says different is dumb. It's really not that big of a deal. i just hate to hear people say that we arrest the man automatically. I have arrested (and had to lay hands on) many women... fact is that more men get physical than women.

what's not that big of a deal?

I didn't know it was possible for a person to be deeply shallow until I read that post.

Apparently you should look in a mirror, because a wopping one post later you say:

Well, my husband didn't, but my poor brother...well, let's just say she wasn't exactly a prizewinner, unless the contest was the Westminster Dog Show.

Some people....

God I yearn for the good ol days where a firm James Bond style ***** slap across the face was the proper way to deal with a woman who stepped out of line... :hihi:

/JK

Come on people, pulling someone's hair is assault and it is NOT something most people would like. Stop making excuses. They were having an argument and he made it physical. WRONG. I don't care who he is or what she said. You don't do that. The fact that he did it in public only makes is worse. He can't deny it.

Actually pulling someones hair is battery.
Assault is just the threat of bodily harm with the apparent ability to inflict said harm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom