Will Smith goes on stage at the Oscars and hits Chris Rock then verbally threatens him from his seat (3 Viewers)

Dang, I figured maybe a year or 2...but 10 years! Ouch.
Maybe even 5 years, max. But ban me from anything for a decade and I'll just retire from that thing.

If he did something else Oscar-worthy in that time, I wonder if they'd even bother with nominating him or shun him altogether.

Maybe even 5 years, max. But ban me from anything for a decade and I'll just retire from that thing.

If he did something else Oscar-worthy in that time, I wonder if they'd even bother with nominating him or shun him altogether.
F Will Smith. His money has given him amnesia as to what would really happen had he did that in West Philadelphia where he was born and raised. I always looked at him as one of those guys who no matter what was published about him, he seemed to just let it go. After that slap, F him. And quite frankly, I'm really disappointed in Denzel Washington. I've seen nothing of him going up to Rock afterwards and consoling him. There was a victim and an assailant here and it seems like the assailant is getting all the sympathy.

Will and Chris' plan is being pulled off to perfection. The staged slap has worked exactly as intended.

Step 1. Stage the slap for major publicity.

Step 2. Will resigns from the Academy.

Step 4. Chris doesn't talk about the slap on his comedy tour.

Step 3. Will gets banned from the Oscars for a decade.

They really did it.

Will and Chris' plan is being pulled off to perfection. The staged slap has worked exactly as intended.

Step 1. Stage the slap for major publicity.

Step 2. Will resigns from the Academy.

Step 4. Chris doesn't talk about the slap on his comedy tour.

Step 3. Will gets banned from the Oscars for a decade.

They really did it.

They may end up regretting that. I think this will all blow over and be forgotten until the next Oscars presentation. Will Smith will survive this. He slapped a man, yes it was assault, but he didn't stab/shoot him. He will catch a lot of flak for awhile, then it will become yesterday's anomaly. I mean, look at Michael Jackson's story. And he still considered King of Pop.
Will Smith was seen as the good guy. This kills his image. Michael Jackson was a weird pervert…everyone knew it…still supported him because he’s a legendary performer and artist.

F Will Smith. His money has given him amnesia as to what would really happen had he did that in West Philadelphia where he was born and raised. I always looked at him as one of those guys who no matter what was published about him, he seemed to just let it go. After that slap, F him. And quite frankly, I'm really disappointed in Denzel Washington. I've seen nothing of him going up to Rock afterwards and consoling him. There was a victim and an assailant here and it seems like the assailant is getting all the sympathy.
I don't know what sources you've been looking at, but that's not true.

The entire comedy community has supported Chris from DL Hughley to Martin Lawrence.

All the people like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar who suggested Will perpetuated Black stereotypes support Chris (funny how Chris not retaliating doesn't destroy Black stereotypes).

There's a half dozen other demographics out there who support Chris.

If you're talking specifically about my post, there's no reason for me to wonder how the Academy will treat work by Chris Rock going forward.

I don't know what sources you've been looking at, but that's not true.

The entire comedy community has supported Chris from DL Hughley to Martin Lawrence.

All the people like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar who suggested Will perpetuated Black stereotypes support Chris (funny how Chris not retaliating doesn't destroy Black stereotypes).

There's a half dozen other demographics out there who support Chris.

If you're talking specifically about my post, there's no reason for me to wonder how the Academy will treat work by Chris Rock going forward.
I think he was referring to that night

all the hugs Will got and the standing ovation

Where was Chris Rock’s hug? And people making sure he was okay?

I think he was referring to that night

all the hugs Will got and the standing ovation

Where was Chris Rock’s hug? And people making sure he was okay?
Chris went backstage with the crew. Will was out front with the stars.

We saw the stars console Will, but we didn't see what happened backstage. Multiple people from the crew, including the producer Will Packer, said they consoled Chris.

My guess is the standing ovation was for winning the Oscar itself. I don't think anyone at that point was applauding for the slap.

Will Smith turned heel is going to be big box office.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom