Will Smith goes on stage at the Oscars and hits Chris Rock then verbally threatens him from his seat (2 Viewers)

Yeah, gold digger isn't the right read here.

But she does seem like a toxic person. That Red Table Talk "entanglement" stuff was not something someone who cares about their spouse would do. She quite publicly emasculated him and dragged their business into the public sphere in a very salacious way.

And it's not misogyny to say that. Women can be lousy people, too. The world is full of sheetty women just like it's full of sheetty men. To pretend otherwise is dishonest and unhealthy.

People can say "Well it works for them!" but they've been separated at least once or twice and Will clearly isn't in a great spot mentally at the moment, so I'd have to call bullshirt on any claim like that.
I don't think a lot of people commenting on the RTT have actually seen it. Within the first 30 seconds, Will says why HE wanted to have the discussion.

The first vid I posted in this thread had them both laughing because viewers thought he was crying when he was tired because it was midnight and they still had a plane to catch.

Of course men and women can be sheety. But I've yet to figure out why that's being brought up in regards to this situation.

They were separated when she slept with August. Per them it was "indefinite" and Will says he was convinced it was all the way over and they wouldn't ever speak to each other again.

THAT'S the kind of separation they were on.

Look how they closed out with a play on the Bad Boys tagline. That's some next level "dysfunction" that won't work for the masses. But they've decided that's how it's going to work for them.

Fans of comedian Chris Rock who hoped he'd share his thoughts about being slapped by Will Smith at the Oscars during his show in Indio Springs, California on Friday night were disappointed as soon as he took the stage.

"I'm OK, I have a whole show and I'm not talking about that until I get paid. Life is good. I got my hearing back," Rock said......

“Other than the weird thing, life is pretty good,” Rock said midway through his first of two sets........

Fans of comedian Chris Rock who hoped he'd share his thoughts about being slapped by Will Smith at the Oscars during his show in Indio Springs, California on Friday night were disappointed as soon as he took the stage.

"I'm OK, I have a whole show and I'm not talking about that until I get paid. Life is good. I got my hearing back," Rock said......

“Other than the weird thing, life is pretty good,” Rock said midway through his first of two sets........

I don't blame him.

I don’t blame him. The price for his next special is gonna eclipse Chappelle.

Just like the rest of us, Jay Leno has some thoughts on "The Slap."

As he prepared to travel to West Palm Beach for his Sunday night stand-up comedy show at the Kravis Center, the comedian, television writer and former "Tonight Show" host discussed the slapping incident between actor Will Smith and comedian Chris Rock last month at the 94th Academy Awards in Los Angeles.

Smith, who was attending the ceremony as an Academy Award nominee — he won for Best Actor in a Leading Role — walked on stage as Rock was speaking and slapped the comedian in the face in response to a joke he made about Smith's wife, Jada Pinkett Smith. Smith then returned to his seat and continued to berate Rock.

Leno, who called Smith a "good guy," said what he found most troubling about the incident was the anger displayed by Smith after he left the stage.

"To me, the thing that's most disturbing wasn't the slap, because he was kind of smirking after he slapped (Rock)," Leno said. "It was the yelling of the obscenities. Then you go, 'Whoa. What's going on here?' This is real anger."

Leno also took issue with an announcement by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences that it planned to investigate the incident.

"What are you investigating?," Leno said. "It had to be the most recorded assault in history. I saw the back of his shoe, I saw Chris' ear. There were so many cameras on this incident. What are you investigating? I know sometimes things are just what they appear to be.".............

2 major benefits (for me) from my Lenten exile: I wasn’t here for the Watson trade nonsense and I wasn’t here for the discussion of this mess
For a glorious week, the memes were just writing themselves.

Man, a bunch of misogyny up in here. Dude smacks another man on live TV and somehow it's the woman's fault. He knew what she was. They dated for 2 years. He let himself get hooked on that booty. He didn't have to marry her.
It's the man's fault the woman manipulated him into a marriage?

It's the man's fault the woman manipulated him into a marriage?
Not entirely as a marriage is a 2 way street. But if he didn't see the warning signs, that's on him. Most of the time, if a woman is trying to manipulate a man into a marriage, and pulls that off, there are warning signs.

After the last several years, I don't know why I'm still amazed at the lies people spread, even when blatant evidence to the contrary exists.

"I was under so much pressure, being a young actress, being young and pregnant," Jada added, "I didn't know what to do, but I just knew I never wanted to be married."

“We only got married because [Jada's mom] was crying,” Will said, pointing at Adrienne.

Will asked Jada, "What was the fundamental bump about the idea of marriage in general that you were against?"

She replied, "I just never really agreed with the construct. I just don't agree with it. I never have, I still don't.

https://www.newsweek.com /jada-pinkett-smith-cried-never-wanted-married-will-smith-1696256

Not entirely as a marriage is a 2 way street. But if he didn't see the warning signs, that's on him. Most of the time, if a woman is trying to manipulate a man into a marriage, and pulls that off, there are warning signs.
Not that I totally disagree, I just find it interesting that a man is typically thought of as having some level of control over his own situation, but when the roles are reversed and it's a woman being controlled in a relationship then the woman is typically viewed as a victim who has no control. To me that's more misogynistic than acknowledging JPS as being partly culpable in Will Smith's actions as Cage1 suggested.

Not that I totally disagree, I just find it interesting that a man is typically thought of as having some level of control over his own situation, but when the roles are reversed and it's a woman being controlled in a relationship then the woman is typically viewed as a victim who has no control. To me that's more misogynistic than acknowledging JPS as being partly culpable in Will Smith's actions as Cage1 suggested.
Like I said, it's a 2 way street. If the roles are reversed, then the woman should see the warning signs as well. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a man or woman being manipulated in relationships. From the outside looking in, it's like watching a flashing lights at a railroad crossing and watching the person being manipulated just stand on the tracks and expecting everything to be ok. People are weird sometimes when it comes to toxic relationships.

I'm not saying Will or Jada is at fault here. I don't know them. But it sure seems like one of those toxic relationships, at least on the surface.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom