Will Smith says he sees himself in the team's 2013 mix (1 Viewer)

Superfan

45th
Reaction score
When Payton got reinstated he said he missed talking to guys and he mentioned Will Smith. I am so such of this underachiever on this team. Have to cut him loose

Tim C

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He'd have to take a massive pay cut. Wrong side of 30 and he hasn't produced since 09. He's no were near as good against the run as the myths claim he is. I can only see being a situational piece at best.

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a bad backup RDE behind Jordan. Good lockerroom guy/leader. He is going to have to take backup money. That's going to have to make him swallow his pride a bit. But if he does...I could see him back. Much different than Vilma, who I think is a horrible scheme fit. The only way I see Vilma back is if he is an assistant coach.

nolafan33

SR is my life!
Reaction score
As much as I like Will and view him as a "Saint" I really can't see any scenario where he deserves to be on this team.

OP

Bala Lowkz

Who Dat Supporter.!!
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a bad backup RDE behind Jordan. Good lockerroom guy/leader. He is going to have to take backup money. That's going to have to make him swallow his pride a bit. But if he does...I could see him back. Much different than Vilma, who I think is a horrible scheme fit. The only way I see Vilma back is if he is an assistant coach.
How is vilma a terrible scheme fit? Gw's system was basically a 3-4 and he flourished.

Tim C

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
GW's system was more a hybrid 3-4/4-3. Vilma did pretty well in that system during a certain SB,so I can see him at minimum being serviceable(all depends on health). I think Vilma's greatest asset is his ability to match wits with opposing QBs at the line. He wasn't allowed to do that under Spags and it hurt us.

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a Will Smith fan and have always bet on a bounce back year from him after he would struggle a bit. His bounces are likely to be smaller at this stage in his career, but a savvy vet who's willing to restructure with a bit of a chip on his shoulder in a comfortable environment could do pretty well.

NawlinSaints

Who Dat Junkie
Reaction score
Good luck with that, Smith. I have a feeling you'll be gettin' jiggy with it on a different team next year. Unless a major contract renegotiation is in the works.

ASaintFerLife

A Shining light of Truth
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If he stays, I say 1-2mil a year, maybe a 1 or 2 year contract with a 10mil bonus.

Buttt, maybe not.

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
He will be part of the mix, that will be cut this offseason

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom